Chapter 17: Advantage

"What are you doing?"

Colby shot his head up at the voice, his body unable to go anywhere under Ezra's weight.

Sophie stood in the doorway, the light filtering in behind her as she stuck close to the door. Her auburn hair fell in loose curls around her face and her black dress was the shortest item of clothing Colby had ever seen her wear. It clung to her shape, lifted her boobs, accentuated the wideness of her hips. It was a great dress and she looked amazing in it, but it wasn't a very Sophie looking dress. It was familiar somehow.

"Sophie?" Colby called. "It's- it's not what it looks like." It was an automatic response to lie to her, he had never done so before, but he wasn't sure whether he was looking at the Sophie he knew. It looked like Sophie, sounded like Sophie, so it must be Sophie. He couldn't stop thinking about the photo that she had sent him. It was her. He'd checked multiple times, cross examining the number that sent him the photo and Sophie's number multiple times. He'd even checked to make sure Sophie hadn't accidentally given him the wrong new number —she'd only just got it, easy to get the new number muddled up— so he got four of her friends from the cheerleading team to send him her new number. It was her. No getting around it. But, he didn't know a Sophie who would do that to him. "It's not what it looks like Sophie. He fell on top of him." He lied again.

She looked panicked. Even in the dim light of the bedroom, Colby could make out the way her grip on the door tightened and her eyes widened in terror. "Get off of him, Colby!" Sophie cried.

Why was she demanding that Colby get off of Ezra? Unless she'd suddenly gone blind, she could clearly see that Ezra was the one pining Colby down. Speaking of Ezra, he didn't even acknowledge Sophie yelling from the door as he continued to cling to Colby's body.

Colby was mortified and pissed off. He hadn't expected anyone else to walk into the room, and he was annoyed that Sophie did, that she was yelling at him about it. He placed his hands on Ezra's shoulders and tried to push him off, but Ezra was heavy.

"Can you come back later?" Colby asked in frustration.

"No I can't come back later!" Sophie insisted. "What if something happens?"

If something happens? Colby could feel —much more hear— Ezra snoring away. The guy was dead to the world and wasn't about to start doing Sophie's insinuated something. Ezra was also a huge deadweight on top of Colby, so it's not like he was about to get up and do something.

"He's sleeping, Soph." Colby explained without waking Ezra. "We're not doing anything."

She nodded, but still looked rather distressed. "I'll help you get him off." She checked her surroundings before coming in.

"It's fine, I don't want to wake him."

Colby's insistence of his own acceptance of the situation fell on deaf ears. Sophie wasted no time coming into the room. She grabbed onto Ezra's side and used all her strength to force him to move. The job wasn't easy, Ezra groaned and complained in his sleep, drowsily trying to slap Sophie's hands off of him and get back to Colby. She would not relent. The more she fought against Ezra, the more Colby failed to recognise her as the Sophie he was familiar with. There was something so frantic about her actions, a wild frenzy in her eyes, she wanted Ezra to move and she wanted him to move now.

Colby decided to shuffle out from under Ezra himself, if that was all it would take for Sophie to stop manhandling Ezra. Indeed, it was. Sophie turned her attention to Colby.