Chapter 21: Netflix and Chill

"I didn't realise you were serious." Ezra said, his face matching the surprise in his words.

"Of course I was serious. Did you think I was joking?" Colby grabbed Ezra's hands and kept them in a strong grip in case he tried to wiggle free. It's not that he was forcing him to stay there but he didn't want Ezra running off before they could talk a little.

Finley and Colby had managed to find Brent before the lunch period had ended but not Ezra. So Colby had patiently -and kinda stalkishly- waited by Ezra's car for him to come out of school. Ezra had looked shocked to see Colby waiting for him as if he'd completely forgotten about their agreed date for today, it wounded Colby a little that Ezra wasn't into it as much as he was but he was sure that was something he could make up for tonight.

"Yeah, kind of." Ezra replied. "I mean- after what happened a while ago." Ezra averted his gaze to the tarmac and Colby realised he was talking about the week that they spent together being 'friends-with-benefits' before Colby was forced to come clean that he was doing it all for a pretty elaborate revenge scheme. It was stupid and had cost him the closeness and contact he had built up with Ezra in such a short amount of time. He wouldn't make the same mistake again!

"Well, I was being serious." Colby stepped closer to Ezra, "do you still want to go?" He internally scolded himself for being so timid when he asked that, surely now was the time to show confidence, not reservation.

Ezra glanced around at his surroundings then let out a heavy sigh. "This isn't some stupid revenge plot?"

"Absolutely not."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay then." Colby hadn't realised how wide he was smiling until his cheeks began to physically ache. "What's the plan?" Ezra asked.

Colby stopped smiling. It would be a stretch to say he had a plan. Never in his life, no matter what he was doing or how important the thing he was doing was, he never had the brain power to come up with a coherent and functional plan. So he suggested what Finley said. Finley was much more put together than Colby and had a good relationship with Brent, therefore he must know what he's doing.

"Well I was going to take you to the movie theatre but apparently that's being fumigated so wanna just come round to mine and eat a shit tonne of candy on my sofa?" Ezra chuckled at him so Colby assumed he must've been doing something right.

"Sounds good to me."

"What kind of movies do you like?" Colby asked.

Ezra thought for a second. "I like horror movies and westerns."

Colby could've guessed the horror bit considering the amount of horror DVDs Ezra had at his house. Colby had never watched a western movie before, he never really went through a cowboy phase, but the idea of Ezra in a cowboy hat with no shirt on and some denim trousers with big leather boots was very appealing.

Ezra drove the two of them to the convenience store to grab some popcorn, slushies and any other sugary treats they wanted. Colby also wanted some lube and condoms just in case things get a bit... heated later on. On the way, Colby explained the embarrassing stories that came from each of his failed driving tests. Some stories ranging from nearly hitting an old lady crossing the road to driving away from the police when they tried to pull him over for driving too fast -for some reason he thought the police were legally not allowed to intervene with learner drivers so he just kept on going. Each story made Ezra laugh more and more so he didn't really mind reliving the embarrassing memories.