Chapter 58

(Unedited)

Sin's POV

"Let. Me. Die." Gail said breathlessly.

Just then she passed out and since she was in my arms, she fell into them.

Shaking her a few times, I hoped she'd wake up.

"Gail." I said once more as I shook her again but she didn't move.

Confusion played in my head as I didn't know what had happened. I felt how still her body was and that's when I realized that she wasn't breathing.

"Shit." I let out.

Within seconds, I carried her body in my arms bridal style and rushed her into my car. Strapping her into the passengers seat, I got into the driver's seat and started the engine of the car. Before I knew it, I was out of the building's driveway.

I didn't know where the sudden panic that came with me not hearing Gail's breathing had come from.
I was never one to worry over such situations. I had seen pale and lifeless people before but for some reason I couldn't stand to see her like that.

Lifeless, the thought of that didn't sit well with me.

Why?

I checked her pulse with one of my hands and I felt some sort of relief when I found it.

Stepping harder on the accelerator, I drove much faster. I knew I needed to get Gail to the hospital as fast as possible.

I didn't even want to think about what would happen if I didn't reach on time.

_ _ _

Luna's POV

I felt weak. My body felt really heavy and I could hear beeping machine sounds around me.

That was when I decided to open my eyes and I was met with a blindingly bright light which forced me to shut my eyes once more.

After some time of me opening and closing my eyes to adjust to the light, I finally fully opened them.

My eyes danced around my surroundings since the room that I was in was not very familiar.
It was mostly white and blue, a color combination which I knew for sure couldn't be in the Grey's penthouse.

Lifting my torso and sitting upright, I noticed that I was in a bed and covered in white sheets. Not to mention the fact that I was in a blue robe.
My eyes then fell onto the plastic tubes that we're connected to my wrists.

That's when my head registered where I was. I was in a hospital room. Though how?

The door clicked open and a man in a white coat entered. A man I assumed was the doctor.

"Oh good, you're up." The man said.

Though l wanted to reply, I couldn't find the words so I just nodded.

I'm taking the doctor noticed the confusion on my face because he then decided to introduce himself.

"Miss October, I'm Dr Cole. You were brought in here a few hours ago." He stated.

I opened my mouth to talk but my throat was too dry to.

Dr Cole then handed me a glass of water and after I drank it down, I felt relief wash over my throat.

I placed down the glass and focused my attention on the doctor.

"Uhm, doctor. You said that I was brought in a few hours ago, why?" I asked.

The expression on his face right after I asked that question said that he was confused.

"Well according to the person who brought you in, you passed out and when we ran tests on you we found a rather worrying amount of pills in you and we had to pump you." The doctor finished.