Chapter 22

(Unedited)

Luna's POV

My heart was beating rapidly and my breath was out of control.
As I ran faster than the wind and every step sending pain trough my feet as my feet were bare of shoes and the ground grazed them.

"Get back here you tramp!!" He shouted sounding more close to me than he was before.

I was in shock and my eyes were watering due to the cold air fanning through them. It was dark out and I ran not seeing were I was going but as long as I was away from him.

Not noticing my steps I tripped on a tree branch that was on the ground and fell down face first, my lower stomach hit the tree brach almost knocking the air out of me. I winced feeling the pain that shot through my stomach.

Using the little strength I had I picked myself up but something caught my ankles.

"Got ya" I heard his sick voice say as he dragged me by my ankle.

I let out a distressed scream as I my body was being pulled.

"No no no! Ahhhh!!"....

I felt myself panting as my head shot up from the bed.
My body and face were sweaty and my heart beat was racing.

I had a nightmare. It had been years since I've had one and usually when i had it would be when I was stressed.
I threw the covers off of me and headed towards my bathroom.

I opened the tap on the sink and splashed my face with cold water.

I was now used to these dreams as they would come for me before but as I didn't have anyone to cry to, I'd learned to suck it all up.