Chapter 31

(Unedited)

Luna's POV

Reality only kicked in when I registered that my finger was cut, I mean a really deep cut and that's why the tap water had turned a shade of red.

After Jerry had bandaged up my wound I was left to ho and answer to Carina. I was still shook about Kylie's revelation, now I want just scared at the fact that my bosses now think that me and Travis have something going on but was now scared at the fact that I might actually loose my job this time.

Drinking down a glass of water, Jerry cleared up the table as no one moved from it.
As soon as he was done, Carina asked for him to excuse us and called me back to the table.

I don't if it was just me or did the atmosphere of the room really change but one thing that didn't change was the pair of eyes that stared daggers into my forehead and I knew exactly who they belonged to.

Now in front of everyone I actually felt quite small that I suddenly found interest in the marble floor that my feet lay on.

"Gail."

My heartbeat started pumping hard as Carina called my name.
I didn't answer but I picked up my head and faced her direction.

"Miss October I had thought that we had made it clear when you applied for this job that we didn't accept any boss and employee intimacy" She said in a stern voice as she looked at me.

"Yes ma'am I know and understand very clearly but I dont have anything going on with any of my posses."

"So are you trying to say I'm lying?" Kylie said, cutting in.

"Sorry but your not my employer so I dont have to answer to you" I said in an annoyed voice as the shock that I had started to turn into anger due to this girl thinking she knows everything.

"But ma'am not to be rude, she doesn't even have any proof."

"Its not every-" Kylie started.

"Do you have any proof Kylie?" Carina said as she cut her off.

"No" Kylie said annoyed.

"Then I guess Gail has nothing to be guilty of, but if I catch you myself or find out from the staff then I'll have to fire you."

"Yes ma'am, I understand" I said as I looked at Kylie's defeated face and gave her a grin of my own.

A forceful scraping sound of a chair was heard as Sin got up and marched out the front door. Though I didn't miss the look he shared with Travis before doing so.

"I'll get back to work" I said as I went into the kitchen and took a seat next to the kitchen island.

My thought pondered on how Kylie saw me and Travis because I was sure that nobody was around. One thing that I took note if now was that Kylie was onto me, maybe she doesn't know my agenda in this house yet but I know that she knows that I do have one.

My stupidity on thinking that she's just bluffing proved me wrong today so I must learn to be one step ahead, she may have found out that I'm up to something but I'd be damned if I let her find out my plan.

When I had decided to retire to my room for the day, the penthouse was now quiet since people left the table and went to mind their own business.

On my way to my room, I heard some voices coming out of the study. Looking around to make sure there's no one around, I slowly approached the door and it was left slightly open.

Making sure not to be seen by the people inside it, I listened in in them.

"Are fucking kidding me?!" I heard Sin yell as he aggressively banged his hand on what I assumed was a wooden table.