Chapter 9

(Unedited)

Sin's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror as I fixed my tie. Today was the dinner that Carina had told me about last night and I had approximately an hour and a half to get ready. Dinners are not things that ever had interested me. Sitting in a table and eating food, talking and laughing pretending like everything is good and like everyone cared when you
know the truth.

The Kentwood's knew and everybody else saw us as a normal happy family. Carina had always wanted them as close ally's to us so she made sure that we would be in our best behaviour. I chuckled to myself as I put on my suit jacket. Honestly this entire game of charades was pathetic to me.

I wondered what idea Carina had in her mind this time that she had to bring over the Kentwood's. They only came around here when they were to talk about business and nothing more but this time I was curious why.
A knock was heard on my door.

"Enter" I said in a firm voice.

Victoria made her way into my room and closed the door. I stared at her through the mirror waiting for what she came here to say.

"Sir, Miss Carina has asked me to let you know that the guests have arrived."

"Thank you, you may leave now Victoria."

"Yes sir, excuse me" she left and closed the door.

Once I was finished I decided to go down to the dinner table. As I was descending the stair's I heard Mr Kentwood speaking along with Carina's voice and another female voice was heard but I couldn't pin point who exactly it belonged to although it sounded familiar.

Once I was downstairs the table came to view and as my shoes made contact with the floor all eyes turned to me. Carina was seated at one and of the table and the owner of the voice that I heard earlier sat beside her and next to the woman there sat Mr Kentwood. I pulled out a chair from where I usually sat on the table and sat down. I took a look around the table and I landed my eyes on the person I had heard speaking earlier on. She had blonde hair and bright blue eyes just like Mr Kentwood. Then realisation hit me, I knew this woman very well and she was Mr Kentwood's daughter.

"Aren't you going to apologise for being late?" Carina asked in a fake motherly tone.

I moved my eyes from the woman and looked directly at Carina with a glare that clearly showed that I was annoyed and not in the mood. She gave up and staring at me expectantly and looked at Mr Kentwood.

"So, shall we begin diner now? Yes?"
She said covering up her earlier question.

Victoria came in with the plates and started setting the table and placing all sorts of food on it. When she was done she placed the refreshments and went back to the kitchen. Soon after we began eating and a conversation broke out between all three of them.

I didn't even bother paying attention to what they were saying as it didn't even interest me. I took out my phone and began scrolling through my notifications.
After about fifteen minutes of them blabbering and laughing my attention was caught when Carina said.

"Right Sin?" then all heads turned back to me.

"You wouldn't mind if Kylie stayed over for a few weeks here while her father goes for a business trip?right?" she asked me showcasing her most widest fake smile.
I took a quick glance to at this Kylie. I thought to myself, hey what would a little few weeks of fun do to anybody? Then I looked back up to Carina with a smirk.

"Oh no, she can definitely stay" I said to her.

"Thank you so much for your hospitality" Mr Kentwood said

"It's not a problem sir" I said back with a smirk.

"Excellent then, Kylie will be here with her bags by tomorrow" Carina said overjoyed.

I looked at her making conversation with them again. Two can play at that game, sweet Carina. I said to myself.

Luna's POV

I was laying on my bed with my face staring at the ceiling not wanting to lie on my stomach as it was still sore from my encounter with CK earlier.
I closed my eyes as I mages of how much he bruised me today. I currently had a sore stomach, a pounding headache and some red marks on my neck. I winced remembering how bad it felt and how much I cried. A tear made its way down my cheek again.

I had thought that from now on fate would at least try to be fair with me after everything I went through in my past but I guess I was not deserving of peace. Even though I hates my life there was still that shred of hope within me that said I must give up.
That was the only reason why I begged for CK to not end my life. I decided that this was it, I wiped away the tears that had stained my cheeks.

No more being kind and caring for people no more humanity. I stopped my sobbing and got up from my bed and went directly to the couch and picked up the portfolio that CK had left for me. Opening it I took a look inside and read it. I flipped the pages and looked at my photos that were clipped onto them.

CK actually new a lot about me, no scratch that he knew everything about me. If this is what I had to do in order to pay my debt to him than so be it. I dropped the folder and headed to the bathroom. I opened some cold water in the sink and slashed it on my face. That's it.

Goodbye, Luna Winters. I told myself as I looked at my wet face in the mirror.

I now go by Gail October.

-------------------------------------------------
****************

A/N:

Oooh damn!, it just got got hot. Why do you think Carina wants Kylie to stay with them? Or what did Sin mean when he said 'two can play that game sweet Carina'?
What do you think Luna meant when she said 'Goodbye Luna Winters'?

I wanted to let you guys know that we reached 100 reads today guys. I'm honestly touched. That's why I double updated today. I love you guys so much!

Don't forget comment and vote below, cupcakes ;)

Kisses

Jessie!!