Chapter 28

(Unedited)

Luna's POV

It can't be, no this isn't real. Staring at him I knew he didn't see me even if he did I'm sure he wouldn't have recognised me.

I closed my eyes for a second in hopes that he would be gone and everything would be the way it was but no, he still sat right there.

Taking the last ounce of strength I had in me I placed the champagne bottle on the table and excused myself, being sure not to draw any attention.

Crack!

My heartbeat pounded so loudly that at this point it'd muted the thunder and rain outside.
Pure horror washed over me as memory after memory made its way back into my head.

Each step I took felt unsteady as my feet were now trembling. They weren't shed yet but I could feel the tears in my eyes as they began to sting.

God!!

Why? Why now, isn't my life already trash.

Taking long hard breaths as the journey through the hallway became longer with each step.

Right when I was near my destination, I was flipped around and pressed aggressively against the wall as a hand covered my mouth and a figure was in front of me, blocking ne from any movement.

My eyes almost bulged out of my sockets due to shock. There I was met with those sadistic dark brown eyes I had been and still terrified by them.
My breath intake was speeding up and I felt like my head was gonna explode.

Finally I let go, the tears running freely down my cheeks and onto his hand that had covered my mouth.

"You stupid b*tch, you thought I hadn't seen you? Huh?" He said his eyes boring to mine.

I couldn't speak, not just because he had covered my mouth but because I was terrifyingly speechless. The look in his eyes, the one I had gone accustomed to. A look of hate, disgust and dread that he had always given me.
Years of terror, suffering, trauma and horror all came back like a flood when I looked in his eyes.

"Guess time hasn't done any favours for you." He said moving his free hand to the ponytail I had tied my hair in.
He forcefully pulled it down sending pain through my scalp, forcing me to look up at him.

I winced and closed my eyes as I surpassed the pain.

He chuckled, a dark and sadistic chuckle just like him.

"Now listen here, I don't know what mother f*cking charade your pulling or who the hell you're trying to fool but its definitely not me Luna."

Hearing him say my name repulsed me in a way that made my skin crawl.

"You can die your hair blonde and wear blue contacts for all I care though I'd still see you." He said with a sick smirk as a result of my rigid structure, he was satisfied of getting this reaction out of me.

"Know this I don't care what your doing in this house but make sure you don't know me cause believe me if you even start to slip, I'll finish what I started years ago." His glare turned hard and horrific as he said those words.

Letting me go he walked out the hallway like nothing ever happened.
Hysterically coughing as I tried to catch my breath, only then did I realise I was almost suffocating.

My hand on my mouth as the tears kept brimming down like the heavy rain outside.

I ran into the main bathroom that was downstairs and slammed the door shut. Leaning on it I slid down to the floor and cried.