Princess Yeji

Do you ever feel like you have no control over your life? Like everything is decided for you? I guess tough luck because that's not me. You might be asking 'How? Princesses don't get a say? Their life is decided by the king?' And yes that might be the case with other princesses but not for me.

See, I decided all of my rules on my own with the help of my parents. They made it clear that my future is my decision and they just push me to the right direction. Another thing you might be thinking, 'you're gonna be in an arrange marriage blah blah' and you couldn't be anymore wrong. I get to decide whom I will marry and have a family with. My parents even know that I'm bi and support me. I pretty much can do anything I want except leave the palace. That's one rule we can't change which makes me sad.

I've always been sheltered. Everything is done for me. I have no clue what life out there is like. I get curious from time to time but never act on it because that would be breaking the rules.

"Yeji! Are you awake yet!?" I hear my best friend ask.

"No!" I say.

"Okay! Let me know when you're awake!" She says before leaving.

That's my best friend Lia. We have been friends since we were kids. Her dad pretty much manages the palace so she grew up here but she's allowed to leave the palace though. Same with my other friend Chaeryeong, her dad is the head guard so she grew up here too. They're like my sisters.

I finally get up to get ready because I have princess duties to tend to. I actually just hang out with Lia and Chaeryeong all day.

My parents spoil me too much but I don't let it get into my head. I'm a humble princess.

I finally make it to the dining hall to eat breakfast with my parents and brother.

"Good morning princess, how did you sleep?" My dad, the King, asks.

"I slept great" I happily say to him.

"Thats great sweetie. What's your plans for today?" My mother, the Queen, asks.

"Probably just hanging out with Lia and Chaeryeong. The usual" I shrug then took a bite of my bagel.

"Chaeryeong won't be able to join you. She's going out of the palace today" My dad tells me and I squint my eyes at him.

"Can I join?" I ask.

"Yeji, you know you can't leave the palace" My dad sighs.

"It was worth a shot" I say then I continue eating my breakfast.

"Why does she have to go out though?" My curiosity get the best of me.

"They're recruiting new guards for the palace" My dad answers and I hum as a response.

I finish my breakfast and excuse myself from the table. I go to what I call the fun room. It's usually where I hang out for majority of the day. It has all sorts of games, entertainment systems and such.

I'm waiting for Lia since I really don't have much to do unless she's here. I don't really like walking around the palace by myself. I always like having a companion.

"Princess Yeji, I'm sorry I'm late" Lia finally walk in the room but out of breath.

"Did you run? You didn't have to do that" I say.

"I was being chased, Princess" She says.

"By who?"

"Me" Chaeryeong enters the room.

"I thought you were leaving the palace today?" I say, confuse.

"I am but Lia here thought it would be funny to steal my badge" she pants.