King Beomgyu's Visit

I'm currently having breakfast with my parents. They're talking about the battle of the knights. I normally don't care about the event but since RJ is participating this year, I try to listen but I don't really understand what's happening.

Chaeryeong is with us as well since she usually helps organize this event anyways. She's giving the details to my dad while he makes changes on things he doesn't like.

"Who would you like RJ to fight with first?" My dad ask Chaeryeong.

"That depends if you want to go easy on her or not" she response.

"Easy" I say.

"Yeji, this is for your protection" my dad sighs.

"Why are we even doing this? You already know that I want her to my personal guard so we don't need to this whole battle of the knights thing."

"She needs to prove to us that she's better than any of our guards here. I've decided that whoever wins this event will be your personal guard unless it's Chaeryeong then you will get the next person" my informs me.

"What? Dad that's dumb" I try to complain but I don't know how because that's a reasonable plan.

"I don't like that" I exhale, feeling sad, "It's either RJ or Chaeryeong. I don't want anyone else. I don't trust anyone. Why can't you just excuse Chaeryeong from her other duties if you really don't want RJ to watch me" I say.

"I can't. She's too good at her job and if I take her away then our men and women that's serving will fall into chaos" my dad explains.

"Then let RJ do it" I try to get him to agree.

"I can't just give her the position, Yeji. We're you not paying attention earlier? We had to make this event public because our people caught wind that were allowing people from other kingdoms to be part of our armed forces."

"Why does that matter? We have other guards here that didn't come from our kingdoms like Yuna" I argue.

"Yuna has been living in our kingdom before she was recruited by Chaeryeong. RJ literally lives in Prince Yeonjun's kingdom" my dad says.

"As for the other guards, they made it in by competing in the battle of the knights and that's what were doing with RJ so our people can accept her if she wins" Chaeryeong chimes in.

"I guess that makes sense" I give up. I didn't want to fight too hard and make it obvious that I'm really pushing for RJ. I think I'm doing a great job at it. I'm not ready to tell my dad that I like RJ quite yet. I want to wait until I at least know what RJ looks like and know more about her background.

I think I'm doing better at liking someone too. The first time I didn't even know Ryujin's name but now I know RJ before I started liking her and she didn't have to see me half naked. So I'd say we're off to a great start.

Our breakfast is interrupted when my dad's secretary comes in and informs us that King Beomgyu is here which took all of us by surprise because there was no schedule that he would be visiting today.

I say, pretty rude for a king but to each their own I guess.

We quickly eating our meal then head to my dad's office where Beomgyu is waiting.

"Good morning King Beomgyu, what do we owe this pleasure of your visit?" My dad says before sitting down on his chair and I sit on one of the chairs across from him and next to where Beomgyu is sitting.

"I won't beat around the bush, I'm here for Yuna" he says and I aggressively turn my whole body to face him.

"What?" I say.