Dinner Event

The service ends and we're having a meal to just gather right now. It was boring but it's okay because Ryujin kept me entertained by just hold my hand. I like feeling her hand.

I'm watching Ryujin talk and laugh while talking to Chaeryeong. I'm happy to see her enjoy herself with her friends.

My dad clears his throat and stands like he's gonna announce something.

"If I can have your attention, please." Everyone stops talking and are now paying attention to my dad.

"I'd like to announce that I'm retiring. I think it's time pass the down the throne to my daughter, Yeji" he smiles at me.

"I know she's gonna be amazing and our people will love her."

"Now that my daughter is gonna be the Queen, I'd like to take this moment to also announce her engagement" my dad raises his glass.

Everyone is quiet, assuming shocked by the news like I am. What is he talking about?

"I'm not engaged" I say.

"Are you planning to marry me off? Dad, don't start this again" I frown.

"I am. I'm sorry Yeji."

"Ryujin" I turn around to face her because I don't want her to think that I agree with this.

"What are you doing?" I get confuse when I see her holding a ring.

"Will you marry me?" She ask.

"Ryujin, now is not the time for this. My dad literally just said that I'm engaged" I push away the ring.

"You're kidding, right?" I hear my dad say.

"Yeji, will me marry me or no?" Ryujin ask.

"I want to but my dad is being a pain" I say.

"That's the engagement I'm talking about! I thought you would figure it out once you see Ryujin proposing to you in front of me and I didn't stop it" my dad is frustrated.

"Wait, what?" I look at everyone.

"The engagement your dad is talking about is with me" Ryujin says to me.

"It is?" I'm still unsure with what's going on.

"Ryujin is proposing to you now, dumb dumb" Lia says.

"I'm so confused" I cover my face.

"Hey" Ryujin tries to uncover my face, "This was planned. I asked your dad if I could propose to you during this dinner. It was a surprise. He would announce your engagement then you'll find out it's with me. That is if you want to marry me" she sweetly explains to me.

"Really?" I'm finally understanding things.

"Yes, so let me ask again, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I answer happily.

"I'm an engaged Princess!" I cheer and everyone claps.

Ryujin spins her wheelchair so shes facing the table now, "Wait, how is this gonna work?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"Are we not gonna live together once we're married? You can't leave your kingdom since you're the Queen and I can't leave mine" I say.

"I'm leaving mine" she smiles.

"What? Why?"

"It was never my intention to take the throne of the North Kingdom. I only accepted it because they were in need at the time for someone to lead their kingdom. Yuna will be taking over for me once we're married."

I look at my dad, "You're really okay with us getting married now? You don't hate her anymore?"

"I never hated her, Yeji. I was just thinking about your well being. In the eyes of your father, she was putting you in danger so of course I would be against that. She's already proven to me how much she loves you so I support this marriage."

"And Ryujin, I'm sorry for everything I've said about you but I would like to officially welcome you and Yuna to our family" he looks at Ryujin and Yuna with warm eyes.

"Thank you" Ryujin bows with her head.

The rest of dinner was fun. I can't believe I'm engaged and I'm finally marrying Ryujin.

After dinner, Ryujin and I hang out in my room before she goes home.

"Do you have to go home tonight? How can you leave your fiancé on your first night of engagement" I koala bear hug her while we lay down. I really like the sound of that. My fiancé.

"I'll come back tomorrow" she chuckles.

"Nope. Not letting go" I tighten my hug.

"You should stay so we can have sex" I try to entice her.

"We're not married yet" she says.

I sit up and look down at her, "Is it that important to you to be married to have sex? You've already had sex and I'm ready to have sex. Why can't we have sex?"

She sits up too while smiling and leans on the headboard, "I've never heard someone say sex so many times in one breath."

"I'm serious, Ryujin. I'm trying to understand why you won't have sex with me. I get if you're not ready but you're not saying that. You just keep saying that we should have sex after marriage but why?"

"Because it's the last of your innocence. Because of me you've seen things that you shouldn't have, you've experienced things you shouldn't have. You even got shot" she looks down on my leg, "That last innocence you have is gonna be gone because of me too so I want to at least do that right. You've been a princess from the beginning and you'll soon be the Queen. We should follow tradition on this one. It's too late for me but it's not too late for you."

I cross my arms, "Sometimes I hate that you have morals. But at the same time I love you for that too."

She sits me on her lap, facing her and gently pulls my head down to her face.

Were so close to each other that I can feel her breath while I hold mine, "I thought we were waiting" I whisper.

"I said sex but I never said anything about making out with you" She has a smirk on her face.

I cover her mouth with my hand and push myself away. "Nope, you're not gonna do this again where you get me all hot and bothered then you're gonna leave and go home."

I get off her and she laughs. "Fine I'll stay the night but no funny business."

"I wasn't looking for funny business. I was looking for sexy business" I pout.

"Why are you so cute?"

"I'm not cute. I'm sexy. See?" I do a sexy pose on the bed where I lay on my side with my hand supporting my head and legs crossed.

"Ohh so sexy" she kisses my lips.

"Are you really gonna spend the night?" I ask.

"Yes, like you said I can't have my fiancé spend her first night of being engaged alone" she smiles.

I stand from my bed because I'm excited, "I get to help you change into your pajamas!"

"Why are you excited about that?" She furrows her brows.

"I get to take off your clothes and you can't do anything to stop me because you're injured" I try to imitate an evil laugh.

"I can ask someone else to do it" she says.

"But—" I start to pout.

"I'm kidding. Change me later so now back to bed for now. I want cuddles" she waves me back.

"Okay" I happily say.

I feel like I'm on cloud nine. Being in Ryujin's arms feels like home for me.