Yeji's Confession

Minju took us back home and she's trying to comfort me but so many things just happened that I don't know if anything will help me right now.

My dad is trying to get a hold of the king from the east to figure out what happened. He thinks that they were trying to attack me but we told him that they were actually after Ryujin.

"We need to talk about your threat, Yeji. Why would you say those things to Prince Lucas because of a troublemaker like that? I get she's your friend but still" Minju tells me.

"You know I'm starting to be bothered by you. You look down on people a lot. You even look down on my friends. Even if they're not royal status, they're still my friends so you should treat them with respect. I'm starting to regret that I chose you over Yeonjun" I say with a serious tone.

Minju scoffs, "What are you trying to say then? Are you gonna leave me? I don't think this is about your friends. This is about that girl. Don't think I didn't notice how much you looked at her and how much you had to stop yourself when they were hitting her. You like that girl."

"I don't like her the way you're thinking and this is about my friends because she's one of them. I really don't think I can be with someone like that. I'm sorry Minju" I say.

"I don't know if you're lying or you're confused or maybe you're even lying to yourself. That girl means more to you than you think. You were willing to start a war for her."

"I would do the same if it was Chaeryeong" I defend.

"Believe what you want, Yeji. I guess this is good bye" She sighs then leaves me alone.

"Do you have feelings for Ryujin?" Chaeryeong ask. I forgot she's here too.

"I don't know. I think I'm attracted to her but I think maybe because she saved my life so a part of me feels like I owe her something" I answer.

"If Ryujin was here, who would you choose to be with? Ryujin or Princess Minju" she ask.

"Ryujin" I say without thinking.

I really didn't expect that. I'd choose Ryujin? Is this one of those love at first sight thing? But it wasn't that, is it love at first interaction? Love at first saving? Why am I saying love anyways?

"Maybe Princess Minju is right. You have some sort of feelings for Ryujin" Chaeryeong says.

"Can you like someone without knowing anything about them? Aside from being Yuna's sister, your friend, a fighter, a person who saved my life, or is it because of the kiss? Maybe she put a spell on me by kissing me" I try to find reasons as to why I would choose to be with Ryujin.

"I still think she should take responsibility for seeing my body. Maybe that's why I'm choosing her. I wanted the first person to see it to be the one I'm gonna be with" I add as reason.

"Do not say that in front of your father because he might order someone to kill Ryujin" Chaeryeong states.

"I don't think so. My dad doesn't like violence."

"I'm sure he would do something to her."

"Why would the East take her though? Does she know anyone there? Why would they attack like that?" I ask.

"I don't know. It is weird because they clearly didn't want to hurt anyone since they used tranquilizers" Chaeryeong starts to think.

"Yeji, I got a hold of their king. He will be visiting us tomorrow" My dad comes in to inform me.

"Is Ryujin okay? Is she alive?" I run up to him.

"I didn't ask" he says.

"Dad, why? Why does no one here care about her like I do?" I start to feel frustrated. I hate that I don't know if she's okay or not.