Just Conversations

"Princess, wake up" Lia shakes my body. 

"Five more minutes" I groan.

"The king is asking for you so five minutes is not allowed when you should have been awake an hour ago" Lia informs me.

I get out of bed, remembering that we're supposed to be meeting the king from the east today.

"Princess!" Lia shouts but I don't stop.

I make it to my dad's office, "Are they here yet?" I ask.

"Thankfully, they're not here because you're still in your pajamas" my dad looks at my outfit.

I look down and I see that I'm wearing my penguin pajamas. "Sorry, I overslept and I didn't want to miss the King."

"In the future, it's better to be late than be seen like that. You shouldn't allow anyone see you in your nightwear" he says in a serious tone.

"But since you're already here, I want to tell you that the King from the east canceled so they won't be coming today. And I wanted to talk to you about this Ryujin girl. Sit down" he points at the chair across from him.

"Why did they cancel? I need answers" I say.

"We can't force them to come here, Yeji. I did offer that we go over there but he said they're busy. I don't really know a lot about what's going on there. I do know that they have a new King."

"What happened to the previous king?" I curiously ask.

"I'm not sure. I just know his son took over" my dad answers.

"I'm so confuse. If they have a new King then why would he order his men to get Ryujin? Could they hurt her because of the rogue knights? But she broke the law in our kingdom so they can punish her for that, right?"

"I still don't understand why you care so much for this girl, Yeji. Since things with Princess Minju didn't work out then maybe try it with Prince Yeonjun" he suggest.

"But dad, I don't have feelings for them. I'm not interested with anything they say. I don't feel excited when they touch me or anything" I sigh.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Come in" my dad shouts. I turn around to find Yuna walking in.

"You called for me, Your Majesty?" Yuna bows.

"Yes, have a seat next to Yeji" my dad instructs her.

"Good morning, Princess Yeji" she bows before sitting next to me.

"Good morning Yuna" I greet her back.

I face my dad again, "Why is Yuna here?"

"I wanna know more about her and Ryujin. Maybe I can figure out why the East would take her" My dad says.

"Yuna, we're you and Ryujin born in the south?" My dad asks.

"Yes, Your Majesty" Yuna answers.

"Do you know if Ryujin has had any interactions from anyone in the east? Were trying to figure out their gameplay. They have quiet for years so it's very strange that they decided to attack a kingdom like that" my dad says.

"I don't know my sister as well as I should. She's kept a lot of things hidden from me and I understand it's her way of protecting me so I'm really just as confuse as anyone else with this whole situation" Yuna politely says.

"Dad, why is it a big deal what's Ryujin's relationship is with that kingdom?" I ask.

"Maybe Ryujin is a spy from the east and they could be planning something against us" my dad shares.