Sneaky Business

"Wait!" We hear someone shout from behind us.

We turn around to see Beomgyu and Yeonjun chasing after us.

"Yuna, we had a plan. Why are you ditching that?" Yeonjun ask.

"I really don't want you guys to be involved. What King Lucas is doing is not any threat to either one of your kingdoms. I appreciate the help but it's best if you stay put" Yuna claims.

"Give us a call if you need help. We will be there right away" Beomgyu hugs Yuna.

"Thank you."

"Be careful" Yeonjun looks at all of us.

We get in the car and the atmosphere is tense. Yuna is still angry so Chaeryeong and I are being cautious.

"Do you any plans at all?" I ask Yuna.

"I sneak in and figure it out as I go. I still don't think you two should come but I can't stop you if you choose to join" she says.

"Aren't you scared?" I ask because I'm scared. I don't know what to expect but I'm sure it's not gonna be rainbow and puppies.

"I am but you just push it down because it doesn't matter if I'm scared or not. I'm still going."

I don't ask anymore questions and I just look out the window. I wonder what Ryujin is doing right now. Is Lucas forcing himself on her? Has she eaten? Is she getting enough sleep? I fall asleep while thinking about her.

"Yeji, we're here" I feel someone lightly shake me.

I slowly open my eyes and Chaeryeong is looking at me.

"We're here?" I ask even though she said we're here. I'm still half asleep so my brain is not functioning properly.

She hands me a gun and I almost drop it because it shocked me.

"What's this for?" I'm wide awake now.

"You need to be able to protect yourself in case I can't get to you. I'll show you how to shoot it before we cross the border" she informs me.

"Okay" I take deep breaths.

We get out of the car and she starts showing the mechanics of the gun. She teaches me how to aim and this whole I'm more nervous than before. I don't know I can hurt someone if I'm in danger.

"Are you two ready?" Yuna asks once she sees I'm getting a hang of it.

"Where are we?" I look around.

"We're in an isolated area. Surrounding us are just desert lands. We can cross the border if we go that way" Chaeryeong points at the direction were going.

"Let's go" Yuna starts walking so we do the same.

We walked some distance until I finally see the fences separating the two kingdoms. I realize that even if people from the south sneak in through this way, they probably won't survive unless they're well equipped with food and water.

Yuna climbs over the fence first then Chaeryeong helps me before she climbs over.

"Do they not have guards?" I ask while I look around.

"They might not be as strict as the other kingdoms" Chaeryeong answers.

"How far is the palace from here?" Yuna ask Chaeryeong.

"Not that far. It's just the matter of how we're gonna get there without being notice."

"Can we just walk around like citizens here?" I ask.