Yeji's Adventure

"Are you okay?" I hear someone ask.

I look up to find a really beautiful woman.

I try to stop coughing and fix myself. I stand up to introduce myself.

"I'm okay" I manage today. "I'm Ye– Yewang."

She laughs, "That's an interesting name."

"Yea" I chuckle.

"I'm Karina" she smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Karina. This is my first time in this town so I'm not familiar with anything" I don't know why I shared that information.

"What brings you here then?" She sits on the bench so I sit next to her.

"I just wanted to see it? No particular reason" I say.

"On behalf on the town, I'll apologize in advance" she laughs.

"Why?"

"It's a boring town. There's not much to do around here. Only exciting thing that happens is that battle of the rogue knight."

"I heard about that" I say, maybe I can help Chaeryeong catch those people, "I'd like to see that in person. Do you know where it's at?"

"I don't know. Newcomers aren't cut out for it. It's pretty gruesome" she informs me.

"Maybe some other time" she smiles.

A car pulls up in front of us, "Well that's my ride. It was nice meeting you, Yewang" she waves then gets in the car.

I finish my coffee even though I didn't like it. After that, I walk around some more and Karina was right. There's not much here. Just some small shops and restaurants.

I walk past this random alley and I heard some groaning. A part of me is saying don't go, something bad is in there but another part is telling me to check it out.

Against my better judgment, I enter the alley. I find two people having sex and I immediately turn around, regretting my decision. Why did I have to be so curious?

While running, I bump into someone. "Watch where you're going!?" The woman's voice say

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I apologize profusely.

"Oh my god. Are you okay? Did I do that?" I panic once I saw her face has bruises and cuts all over it.

"Are you stupid? You just bumped into me. You didn't punch me" she rudely says to me.

"Why are you being so mean?" I ask.

"What are you gonna do? Cry about it?" She mocks me. I do want to cry but I won't let her win by seeing that.

"I'm sorry" I say looking down.

I hear her exhale loudly, "Look, just watch where you're going, okay? Other people might not be as friendly as me if you bump into them."

She calls that being friendly? I'd hate to see her angry side then.

"I'll try. It's just I'm new to this town and I don't know where I'm going and I just witnessed two people having sex and they're not in a room. I had coffee and I didn't like it. This isn't what I expected when I thought about going out" I start expressing my frustration.

"You sound like this is your first time to be out in public" she laughs. I don't know why but her laugh made me have goosebumps on my arms.

"I'd show you around but I have somewhere I need to be" she says but why did her offer make me feel weird stuff in my stomach. Maybe she is nice.