Wedding Reveal

Beomgyu and Yeonjun sit in their seats while the rest of us stands where the guard area is. We wait for a while when the music finally starts playing.

"Those are Minju's parents" Chaeryeong points at an old couple in the crowd.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"I've seen them whenever your dad had business with the north. They seemed like good people so I find it shocking that they're forcing their daughter to marry Prince Lucas" she explains.

"Keep your guard up" Ryujin looks around, checking everything.

"Why are you so tense?" Yuna ask Ryujin.

"I'm not. I'm just alert and I'm making myself aware of our surroundings. I have to make sure nothing happens to Yeji."

"Not me?" Yuna sounds offended.

"Chaeryeong trained you. I know you can handle yourself" Ryujin looks at Yuna.

The ceremony starts so I actually pay attention to the actual wedding now. I watch Lucas and Minju at the front. This may forced but the set up is still beautiful.

I start to wonder what my wedding will be like. Will I really marry Ryujin like my plan or will something else stop us? Does Ryujin want to marry me? She seems to be hesitant at times when I talk about our future.

"I believe the groom has some things to say before we conclude this ceremony" the officiant suddenly announce.

"I want to say thank you to my in laws for allowing me to marry their daughter but I think it's time to tell her truth, don't you think?" Lucas has that stupid smirk again.

The guests starts whispering with one another, probably guessing what Lucas is talking about.

"What truth?" The King from the North stands up but two of Lucas' guards points their guns at him.

Ryujin pulls me go behind her and I notice Chaeryeong did the same for Lia. We expected that this won't just be a normal wedding but I didn't expect it to be like this. Seeing those guards point guns at someone unarmed is a bit scary to see.

"How she's not really your daughter? Don't even try to deny it. I know my dad was included in your plans of trying to keep the North Kingdom for yourselves. I also know about how your family killed King Hyunjoon. Also, the fact that his son's eldest child is the rightful owner of the throne."

Everyone in the room gasps at the news. "How-"

"You made a mistake of informing my dad. He had no interest in helping you all. He doesn't like getting involved in anything that would require him to do any work but unfortunately for you, I found all these information" he turns his head to look at Minju.

"How does it feel? To know that they're not your parents. That's why they can easily give you away to someone like me."

"You're lying" Minju's facial expression doesn't show emotion.

"Why would I lie? How would that benefit me?" Lucas ask her.

"How would sharing this information benefit you now?" Minju ask.

The rest of us are watching. We can't make any sudden moves since we would surrounded right away if we make one wrong move.

"Are you guys not gonna deny this at all?" Minju screams at her parents.

She walks down from the small stage set they were on to her parents.

"I'm really not your daughter?" She cries to hold back her tears as she stands in front of them now.