You and I

A couple of weeks has passed and were finally getting married. It's about damn time. I know it seems rushed but I want to get married before I become the Queen.

Ryujin can't step down from being a queen for a while so we have no choice but to live far away even after we're married. There's a process they have to follow for Yuna to take the throne. She explained things to me but I didn't really pay attention.

"Are you ready to get married? You're finally marrying Ryujin like you wanted" Lia is finishing up my hair.

"I know. I wanted this day to come but to be honest, I didn't know if it would actually happen. I thought Lucas really killed her that night. I thought I was gonna die. For the first time in that journey of wanting to be with Ryujin, I lost hope."

"So moral of the story is when things are tough, lose hope" I say to Lia.

"Or just get killed like what almost happened to me" I add.

"Okay, never become a motivational speaker. Please."

"How are things with you Chaeryeong? I assume sex life hasn't been as active considering she was busy helping me with Ryujin."

"Sex isn't happening as much bit we did talk more. I don't know why we kept trying to deny our feelings for each other. Karina and Winter got together so why can't we?" She's done with my hair so she's gonna help me put my dresss on.

"They got together? Ryujin's exes ended up dating each other? I feel like my kingdom is the home of the homo and love" I joke.

"You're really in a good mood" she shakes her head.

"I'm here" Chaeryeong enters the dressing room.

"What do you need help with?" She kisses Lia.

"Her wedding dress is heavy so I can't do it alone."

"I can't believe I'll be wearing the same dress that my mom wore on her wedding" I say.

"What's Ryujin wearing?" I ask.

"What you told her to wear" Chaeryeong answers. I asked to make sure.

"I just have to make sure" I say.

"Why did you make her wear our guard uniform?" Lia ask.

It's not actually what our guard wears. It's inspired by it. More elegant version of it so she kinda looks like she's wearing an armor but appropriate enough to wear at a wedding.

"Why though?"

"Because it's how I see her. She's my knight in shining armor. This is like a fairytale movie where a princess marries their savior" I answer.

"I wish someone would save me" Lia sighs.

"I'm saving you from being single, be happy" Chaeryeong remarks and I laugh.

"Hello? Getting married here. I need the dress on" I say once I realize we haven't even started.

"Right" Lia gets to work right away.

She orders Chaeryeong on what she needs to do to help. I slide into my dress while they work together to pull it up my body. It took about fifteen minutes to wear the dress since there's so much details into along with so many strings to tie.

"We need to change your shoes" Lia tries to dig the fluffy dress to get to where my legs are.

"Do I have to? I'm tired and this dress is heavy so I want something comfortable" I pout.

"You can't wear sneakers on your wedding day, Yeji" Lia is acting like a mom.

"Why not? Who made that rule up? They're not gonna see my feet" I argue.