Memorial Service

It's been a few days since the incident. The South Kingdom has fallen and my dad has taken over.

"Are you ready, Princess? Were gonna be late" Lia asks me.

"Yes. I'll be right there" I sigh.

"Are you okay?" Lia softly ask me while we walk to the car. I limp my way to the car since my leg still hurts.

I don't answer her and I just continue to walk.

That night was a blur. Beomgyu and Yeonjun contacted my dad to tell them about our plan to save Ryujin. He also got a call from an unknown person saying that there was gonna be a fight in the palace.

I guess Ryujin did really plan to take down Lucas. I miss Ryujin. My heart hurts every time I think about her. I keep wondering if she would have been okay if my dad had arrived sooner.

"I know you miss her" Lia sighs.

"Is it wrong for me to miss her?" I ask annoyed.

"It's not wrong but you look dumb acting like she died. You'll see her today since she's going to the service" Lia rolls her eyes.

"So heartless. Just because there's a new couple in town, it doesn't mean the original couple can be bitter."

Ryujin did make it out alive that night. As soon as Lucas thought she was dead and chased after me. Chaeryeong and Yuna arrived to help her. She lost a lot of blood but my Ryujin is a fighter.

Yuna and her are currently in the North Kingdom. They took her there to get treated which I was not happy about but they said that they had important matters to deal with as soon as she woke up.

They wanted Ryujin to be the Queen and its been said that they're preparing for her coronation. Minju is staying in the North as well. She took charge of their military. All of this happened as soon as Ryujin woke up. They already put her to work to assign roles for the rebuilding of their kingdom.

"I really don't understand why we're doing this memorial service. It's not like they were good people" Lia states.

"It's Ryujin's request" I say.

At the place where the memorial is being held, I see Chaeryeong ordering people around with the help of Karina and Winter.

"Is everything ready?" I ask when Chaeryeong approaches me.

"I think so. Were waiting on your parents, Prince Yeonjun, King Beomgyu and Ryujin" she informs me.

"Do you know why Ryujin wants this?" Chaeryeong ask.

"I've only spoken to the girl once since we were rescued. I sure as hell won't be talking about this with her when I can only talk to her for a short time" I say annoyed.

"What a feisty kitty today" Chaeryeong chuckles and I glare at her.

"Do you two think we can finally be together now? No more attacks, no more near death experience? Just me being with her?" I ask them.

"I guess it depends on Ryujin. She's becoming Queen of the North and you'll be taking over the throne soon. How are you two gonna make that work? Merge your kingdoms?" Chaeryeong ask.

"The North doesn't want that though. They're against the merge" Lia says.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"Do you not talk to Yuna? She keeps me updated."

"Princess Yeji" Yeonjun happily says my name.

"I'm glad to see you're up and walking even with a wounded leg" Beomgyu smiles.