King of the East

Its been a week and the King from the East finally agreed to see us. Surprisingly, they invited us to their kingdom instead of coming to us. My dad was honestly surprised because he doesn't recall ever visiting that kingdom. Their security is pretty tight so it's really hard to sneak in to.

Chaeryeong is coming with us since she begged my father. Yuna wanted to as well but he didn't agree because we can only allow one guard with us.

For some reason, I feel nervous about going there. I'm not sure what to expect. Lucas was a mean one so I'm afraid the king from the east will also be mean. Especially, knowing how secluded they are to other kingdoms.

"Yeji, please don't do what you did in the southern kingdom. Do not threaten to start a war. We don't know anything about them. Their kingdom could be more advanced than ours" my dad warns me.

"I won't. Last time was different. They were literally about to let Ryujin die" I try to reason with him.

"Just control yourself, please."

"I will, dad" I roll my eyes.

Were in the car right now on the way to the east. Chaeryeong is driving us because she will be the one guard that's coming with us. We have other guards following us but they will stay at the border.

"Dad, why the sudden change? Why are they agreeing to see us now" I ask.

"I don't know" he shrugs.

Were at the border now and they're checking every corner of the car. Once we pass their inspection, we follow a car on the way to their palace.

I look around and this kingdom is clean and well developed. They have a lot tall buildings and more digital billboards.

"Dad, I can see why they don't deal with other kingdoms. They seem to be doing well on their own" I say.

My dad doesn't answer because he's in awe of the view outside too.

We arrive in front of a giant gate now. We wait a few minutes until it finally opens. Chaeryeong drives the car into the gated palace and she follows the directions on where to park.

Once we're parked, she gets out first then opens the door for my dad and I.

After getting out, a tall guy is waiting for us. He approaches us then bows to my dad, "Welcome to our kingdom, my name is Lord Soobin and I will be taking you to my King."

My dad nods and we follow the tall guy. I thought he would take us inside but we're outside in what looks like a garden.

We see a man standing by the pond, admiring the scenery in front of him.

"My King, your visitors have arrived" The tall guy announces.

The King is tall but not as tall as the Soobin guy. He turns around and faces us without smiling.

"Good afternoon. I'm King Jackson from the Central Kingdon and this is my daughter Princess Yeji" my dad introduces us.

"King Beomgyu" the man simply says.

"I must say I was very surprised to find out that you wanted to meet us" my dad gets to the point.

"Have a seat" Beomgyu gestures towards what looks like a picnic area. Beomgyu sits down first so my dad and I sit across from him while Soobin and Chaeryeong stands.

"I only invited you over here because you mentioned Ryujin. What was your relationship with her and what do you know about her?" Beomgyu still has a serious look on his face.

"Where is Ryujin?" I ask instead of letting my dad answer.

"Answer my question first" he glares at me.