Secrets and Betrayal

It's getting close to the end now. Chaeryeong and RJ moved on to the finals, as expected. Minju and Yeonjun would continue to annoy each other while Beomgyu stops Yeonjun from time to time. I don't remember the two being like this before with each other.

I stop paying attention to them and put all my focus on the fight. Chaeryeong's first fight was easy and same with RJ. They both managed to get to the semi final. Chaeryeong already finish with hers and won so she's waiting to see who she will fight for the final.

RJ's fight is up next. I'm a bit worried because it looked like they made all the strong guards fight her and Chaeryeong got the easy ones. I feel like they don't want her to be in the finals.

"You look really tense" Lia leans closer to me so the others don't hear her.

"I'm just annoyed because it seems like they're making sure RJ doesn't become my personal guard."

"She seems to be doing well though" she tries to cheer me up.

"Lia, look how tired she is compare to Chaeryeong. By the time the finale comes, RJ would have no energy left" I say.

"I don't doubt Chaeryeong's skills because she's ranked high for a reason but it's a bit unfair" I continue.

RJ's fight starts and like her previous fights, she doesn't make the first move. She waits for them to attack and uses that action or movement against them. It's quite interesting watching it. She starts off always defending then she will switch to be the attacker and it's worked every time.

I'm sure Chaeryeong has noticed that too and might it use it to her advantage if RJ wins this fight.

I look at everyone in the room and I notice that everyone is focus on the fight now too. I understand Yeonjun and Beomgyu but Minju is a surprise for me. I didn't think she would be this interested on a fight just to find my new personal guard.

"Where did you find this person?" Minju speaks out loud while still looking down at arena.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask.

"Who else? The person that guard belongs to" Minju says with such bad attitude.

"Excuse me? Don't talk to me like that" I scoff.

She ignores me and looks at Yeonjun now, "I know what you're planning and you're not gonna succeed."

"Why do you seem scared?" Beomgyu is the one to speak.

I feel like there's something going on with the three that I don't know about.

"I believe that you're the one who has plans?" Beomgyu gives Minju a smug look, "Why are you here, Princess Minju? I don't believe the reason you gave earlier is the truth."

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Princess Yeji, when you and Princess Minju were dating, she spent some time in the palace with her guards, correct?"

"Yes?" I hesitantly answer.

"Princess Minju, I believe you had your guards check the palace and made sure it's guarded, correct?" Beomgyu continues with his questions.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"Why do you want Yeji?" Beomgyu ask without answering my question but it doesn't matter because the question really shocked me.

"She doesn't want me. We broke up" I say.

"I don't mean she wants to date you" he answers me then turns his focus back on Minju, "You didn't think I would know or find out huh?"