RJ's visit

After Yeonjun leaves, the room relaxes a bit. "Yeji, what do you think of Prince Yeonjun's proposal?" My dad ask.

"I don't know. I'm shocked with the information that he liked me" I say.

"Why don't you want to take it, dear? It sounds like a good deal" my mom ask my dad.

"Because it seems too easy. Why give up a good guard like that? It doesn't make sense. He might use that against us someday. Saying they provided us this so now you have to do something in return, you know?" My dad explains.

"But it does seem like their goal was to protect Yeji" my mom states.

"Remember, when Prince Yeonjun arrived at the safe room? His guard just left him right away then came back with Yeji. I feel like they're genuine with keeping Yeji safe" my mom continues.

"If that's the case then how come she didn't bring Yeji first?" My dad questions.

"Maybe because Chaeryeong got me first so she assumed I would be safe?" I say unsure.

"Why does it seem like you two are considering this?" My dad ask us.

"Because if they can help protect Yeji then why not? He said you can even test his guard so do it. Take your best guards and do some elimination event or something. Do what you do with the battle of the knights then if she beat everyone, she can be Yeji's personal guard. You can even include Chaeryeong in the lineup" my mom says.

"I feel like he's a good guy, dad. I believe when he said he likes me. I may not feel the same for him but if you like someone, don't you want to protect them?" I ask.

"What if he expects more from you?"

"Maybe I'll learn to have feelings for him too. In some movies I've seen, sometimes we fall for someone we least expect it to be."

"Yeji, do you even know what you're feeling? You ended your relationship with Princess Minju, did you even truly like her? Then you were so sad about this Ryujin girl saying that you want to be with her and now you're saying that you might give  Prince Yeonjun a chance? You keep bouncing from one person to another. Do you genuinely like any of those people? You made us travel all the way to East Kingdom to see Ryujin and all of a sudden, you're saying that maybe you could fall for Prince Yeonjun?" My dad questions me.

"Honey, I don't think it's right to talk about that when other people are around" my mom says to my dad.

I look around and my friend are not comfortable with hearing this. They've never really witnessed my dad be an actual parent with others around. He want his people to see him to be always professional.

I do tell my friends everything but it's different when you're witnessing it in front of you.

"You can go. You don't need to be around for this" I say to them so they all quickly stand up and bow before they leave.

I then look at my dad, "To answer your question, no I don't. I don't know what I'm feeling. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. I feel torn, dad. I thought you giving me freedom to be with anyone I want is a blessing but I think I'm wrong. Its a curse."

"What do you mean?" My mom softly ask while standing up to sit closer to me.

"I didn't become interested in someone until I met Ryujin. Before that, I enjoyed myself. I was content with my friends and the life I have. Then after that, I wanted to see what it would feel like to be with someone but I didn't admit at first. Then that party where Ryujin snuck in here and said goodbye. I somehow felt heartbroken and it made no sense because I don't know the woman but the idea that I can't even try to see what it would be like to get to know her and be with her, saddened me" I pause as I feel myself start to get choked up.