Wedding Invitation

Later that night, Beomgyu calls for a meeting to discuss plans to stop Minju and Lucas from trying to conquer our kingdoms.

"Why can't we just attack them? With all our military combined, it should be easy" Yuna suggests.

"By doing that, innocent people could get hurt and we have no proof that it's them attacking. Minju has been using the rogue knights so the citizens could think that we started the attack first instead of defending ourselves. There's no official statement from their kingdom that shows that she sent official royal guards to attack" Ryujin explains and she sounds so hot being in the action.

Were sitting together and she has her hand on my knee. My heart wants to squeal since my mouth can't at the moment. This feels like a very real girlfriend moment where she's claiming me as hers.

"We have to remember too that Minju is still only a Princess. The King and Queen are still leading their kingdom and have all the say. They must be the ones ordering Minju to do all of this" Beomgyu tells us.

"Then wouldn't that be the same case with Lucas?" Yeonjun ask.

"On paper yes but in reality, Lucas makes the call. He's hiding behind his dad for all his evildoing. He plays victim saying that he has no choice but to hurt his people because it's what his father ordered but that's not true. His dad just doesn't give a crap. He stays in his palace and drinks all the time. He spends more time passed out than actually doing anything. Lucas decides everything claiming it's his dad's decision" Ryujin says.

"How do you know that?" Chaeryeong ask.

"When I served as a royal guard there, I spent a lot of time sneaking around and searching for everything."

Someone knocks on the door, "Come in" Beomgyu answers.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, your Majesty but you received an invitation from the Southern Kingdom" a petite woman hands an envelope to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu takes it and opens it right away. We all watch him with anticipation.

"It's a wedding invitation. Lucas is getting married" Beomgyu drops the invitation on the table. We all stand and circle around the piece of paper.

"Does he not know that we're onto him?" Chaeryeong ask.

"There's no way that Minju didn't tell him what's been going on" I say.

"Maybe he does but he just doesn't care. Maybe he believes no matter what we plan, we still won't be able to stop him" Yuna shares her thoughts.

"Are you gonna attend?" Ryujin ask.

"I should or it would look suspicious if I don't" he turns to Yeonjun and I, "Call your kingdom and ask if you received an invitation as well."

"Could this be a trap?" Ryujin is pacing back and forth, thinking. I miss her hand on my knee though.

"Lure us to his kingdom then kill us? That seems reckless" Chaeryeong speaks up.

"He has to know that you're still alive at this point" Yeonjun states.

"Can I call my parents now to see if I got invitation too?" I ask, kind of interrupting them.

"Yes, here" Beomgyu hands me his cellphone.

"Lia, what's my dad's number?" I turn to my best friend.

She takes the phone from me and she's the one that punch in the number.

"Thank you" I say cutely to her.

It rings a couple of times then my dad answers, "Hello?"

"Dad! It's me!" I say.