Minju's Back

It's been a week since Yuna has left. She hasn't visited since or even contacted. I try to reach out but no one gets back with me. I hope she's okay. I'm still curious why Beogmyu was so adamant on taking her though.

Today is D-day for battle of the knights. For the past week, Chaeryeong has been training extra hard. I have a feeling she doesn't want to lose against RJ.

RJ and I have gotten close over the past week as well. I've learned that she has a sister but they don't keep in touch. I've also learned that she came from a noble family which I was really happy about.

I realized that I've come to really like RJ a lot so even if she wasn't from a noble family, I'd still choose to be with her. It would just take a lot to convince my dad.

"Are you ready, Princess?" Lia ask me.

"Yes" I answer.

We get in the car since we have to go to the arena the event is being held. My dad and my mom are already there but I wasn't ready yet.

"Why do you look nervous?" Lia looks at me.

"What if they accidentally kill RJ?"

"Battle of the knights has been going on for a long time and no one has ever died. They stop the fight the moment they see someone is clearly losing" Lia reminds me.

"Do you like this RJ that much? I know you've been seeing her secretly. If your dad finds out that she's been sneaking into the palace to see you then he might disqualify her."

"Yes I do. Something about her just makes me want her. I can't explain it. The way she speaks to me, the way she listens and comforts me. It just feels so right. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be with the person you like but it is for me. I know I'm naive with a lot of things and it could hurt me in the end but I don't want to miss this chance like I did with Ryujin" I say.

"You seem to be still hung up on Ryujin. Do you think it's a good idea to try things with RJ? Maybe you're the one who would end up hurting her?" Lia softly say.

"I think maybe you're pushing things with RJ because she reminds you of Ryujin?" Lia ask.

I think about it for a moment and I came to no conclusion on that matter. I don't say anything and just look out the window.

"I'm sorry if I've upset you" Lia speaks again.

"Why are you sorry?" I turn to her.

"It's your opinion isn't it? I'm curious. If I wasn't a Princess, would you be sorry for sharing your opinion with me? Were friends aren't we? So you should be comfortable to tell me things like that so why apologize?"

"Lia, please when we're alone at least treat me as a friend. I see you and the rest of them hold back. Yea you tease me at times but I also see how you guys act when I'm not around. You seem more relax. We grew up together, didn't we? So why is it so hard?" I ask.

"Has that been bothering you?" Lia takes my hand.

"Yes. I don't have a lot of experience with friends. I only have the movies to refer to but I know the way you guys act around me at times is not right. I want you to be comfortable. Call me by my name when it's just us. Don't worry about upsetting me."

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" She squeezes my hand.

"I didn't realize it bothered until Ryujin and RJ, honestly. They're the only two people has ever speak to me casually. Then I see how RJ is casual towards Yeonjun and I kind of want that. It might not be a big deal to you but it is to me."

"Then from now on we will always disrespect you" Lia jokes.

"Thank you" I smile at her.

After a few minutes to joking around, we finally arrive at the arena.