Proposal

It's been about 5 hours since we've been here in the safe room. I can slowly move and speak now but we don't know what's happening out there. I just hope that my friends are okay.

"Are you sure you're okay, Princess?" Yeonjun asks me once again, showing full of concern.

"Yes. I want to thank your guard for saving me" I say.

"Where was Chaeryeong?" My dad ask.

"I told her to go save Lia because she was in trouble. Don't get mad at her. I made it an order" I explain.

"Why would you do that, Yeji? Are you dumb?" He ask.

"Dad, not in front of company" I whisper loudly while glaring at him. I can't believe he would expose me like that.

Yeonjun laughs so I glare at him too and he stops right away.

"Dad, Lia is one of my best friend. How was I supposed to know that they're after me? I thought they just attacked us."

"Everyone will always be after you, Yeji. Thats why you have a personal guard. Being royalty puts a target on you whether you like it or not" he explains.

"Well I think that's dumb. I didn't hurt anyone. I'm innocent" I reason.

"Your innocence means nothing to them" my mom says.

"Your parents are right, Princess" Yeonjun sides with my parents so I just give up.

After about a couple more hours, the door finally opens. Chaeryeong walks in followed by Yeonjun's guard.

Chaeryeong asks us if we're okay while Yeonjun pulls his guard to the side. They're whispering something to each other but I'm too far away to hear. It makes me curious what could they possibly be talking about that we can't know.

"How's the palace?" My dad ask.

"It's a mess but nothing major. Some of are guards are hurt but nothing major and we have captured some of the attackers" my best friend reports to my dad.

"Is it safe to go back out?" My mom ask.

"Yes, we double checked everything and Prince Yeonjun's guard even helped us to make sure" Chaeryeong politely answers.

"Prince Yeonjun, do you trust your guard?" My dad suddenly ask, making me confuse.

"Yes, I trust her" Yeonjun says.

Her? Well that's surprising for me because she carried me like I'm a baby. That sounds a bit misogynistic that women can't be strong but it's my first time seeing that. I know Chaeryeong is strong but she can't carry me like that. Maybe a piggyback ride or throwing me on her shoulder like the mean man did.

"She actually said that you need better security for this place. It seems that the attackers knew how to get around your guards" Yeonjun adds.

"How do you know?" Chaeryeong ask her, feeling offended but she doesn't answer but instead she starts whispering something to Yeonjun.

"My guard looked around and she saw where they entered" Yeonjun answers for the mystery person.

"Let's get out of here. Follow me to the conference room and we will discuss this some more. Chaeryeong, bring your friends too. I need to know what they saw. We will have a talk with your father later once he talks to the rest of the guards" My dad orders before leaving the safe room.

We silently follow my dad and he seems upset. I don't know why he would. Did he figure out who wanted to attack me?

Once we get to the conference room, my dad sits at the end while everyone else just sits wherever surrounding him.