three

Devon

"You asked him out?!"

I will admit, the more I think about how I asked Harry out, the more it makes me cringe. Thankfully he agreed to go, but I wouldn't have been upset if he completely brushed me off. Honestly, that was kind of what I was expecting. But now we're going out on a date on Thursday night and I have no idea what to fucking wear.

"Arden, it was kind of a joke. I wanted him to smile and I thought that would make him smile! I was fucking panicking on that tattoo chair and you were gone and he was intimidating as fuck! I didn't think he would actually smile or agree to a date! I was gonna pay him extra and never show my face there again."

She laughs from my kitchen, grabbing herself a water bottle from the fridge. "Do you even want to go out with him? I mean, you don't have to."

It's been a couple of hours since I got my tattoo and saw Harry last, and I still haven't texted him. The nerves about it are definitely getting to me, but I also just think I'm being a big baby about it. It's just one date and if it's not good, we don't have to go out again. Plus he's really hot and I would totally be down for a one night stand.

"I mean, it wouldn't hurt. He seemed very respectful when he was literally tatting my boob, and the worst that happens is dinner is awkward and I don't see him again after it. I've gone on Tinder dates before, Arden, I know how it goes." I shrug, twirling the paper with Harry's number around in my fingers.

She comes and sits next to me, pulling her phone out of her pocket. "Fine, but before you text him we're Insta stalking him."

She opens up the app, typing the name of the tattoo shop into the search bar and clicking into the account. She scrolls through the accounts they follow until she finds Harry's. Only, its completely empty. He has a picture of himself that I recognize from the shop's website as the profile picture, but other than that there are no posts whatsoever.

We look through his tagged picture, but it's only pictures of the tattoos and piercings he's done on people in the past. I shrug, looking at Arden. "So he's not a social media guy. Makes sense if you think about it."

"Yeah I guess. He probably runs the shop's page so he doesn't go on his private page. But it's still weird he has like no pictures at all."

I look at the paper, reading his number over for the millionth time in the last few hours. "I'm just gonna text him."

Arden is quiet as I open my phone to a new message and type in his phone number. It takes me a second to figure out what to say before I start to type.

Hi Harry, this is Devon from the tattoo shop this morning.

"Put a smiley face." Arden suggests from over my shoulder and my eyes roll.

"That's so childish!"

"Yeah but it's like your thing! Trust me, it'll be cute, do it or I'm gonna grab the phone and do it for you."

With a sigh, I type in a little smiley face before biting the bullet and pressing send. After making a little contact for him in my phone, I shut it off and put it face down on the coffee table. "Ugh, I cannot believe I'm going from Patrick to this guy."

"Good for you, girl. Honestly, it's a major upgrade. Patrick was nice and cute I guess, but hello, Harry is like a god. Did you see his pecs? He has his nipples pierced!"

My brows raise slightly, having missed that part. But damn it just adds to the excitement of dating a tattooed hottie. "Wow."

"You should have him do your nipples! Oh Dev, come on that would be sick! I always wanted to get mine done, we could do them together!"