nine

Devon

My car pulls up to Fine Lines and I put it into park, grabbing my phone from the cup holder to let Harry know I'm outside. I'm picking him up so we could get something to eat and bring it back to my place. His roommate is back in the house so we're back to hanging out in my apartment.

I went to his place once last weekend, and it was really nice inside from what I saw, but I didn't see much since I was more focused on having sex. It definitely made me feel a lot better about being with him now that we've been to each other's places. As stupid as it may sound, at least now I had confirmation that he trusts me as much as I trust him.

It's pretty late right now since he's just finishing up with his last client, but I didn't mind coming to get him. It felt like it's been forever since I last saw him since we're such busy people, but when we do get to see each other it's pretty special and we like to just talk and get to know each other more and have sex.

He lets me know he'll be out in a second but that I could come inside if I want to. Since he offered the invitation, I kill the engine and get out, going into the tattoo parlor. Corrine left by now, but Mitch is still in there working on a client. I wave over at him with a smile.

"Hey Mitch."

He still doesn't seem to like me. Every time I'm at the shop he just gives me weird looks which I have no idea why. He says hi to me, but I just wish he would stop looking at me like that.

"Hi, Harry went to the back so he'll be in his office soon." He mumbles, letting his patient up for a break. The guy goes to get some water from the mini fridge Mitch has at his station.

"Okay, I'll wait for him, thanks." I smile, starting to walk to Harry's office.

"Hey, Devon." Mitch stops me, and even though I'm surprised, I turn around.

"What's up?"

He studies my face, definitely making me feel a little uncomfortable but not in a really bad way. It just feels like if I was getting looked at by a principal who was suspicious of me doing something detention worthy. "This thing with Harry... It's serious?"

Furrowing my brows, I nod slightly. "Um, yeah, I guess at least for me it is?" God, did he say something that would make it seem like I wasn't serious about us?

"And you like him?"

"Of course I like him." I laugh slightly, crossing my arms over my chest slowly.

"Any deal breakers?" His eyes are locked on mine and he looks serious, and something about his tone unsettles me. But before I could question what he means, Harry returns from the back.

"Dev! Great, you're here!" He smiles, coming over to sloppily kiss my lips. He holds my cheeks as we kiss in the middle of his shop, and I'm surprised but definitely not complaining. He is definitely a very affectionate person and loves to show the world how he feels about a person.

He smirks at me when he pulls away, pecking my lips one more time before turning to Mitch, "Thanks for keeping my girl company but I've got her now."

Mitch doesn't look too amused, giving Harry a straight and serious face. Geez the guy could pretend to be happy for his friend, but I guess that would be too hard. I could tell that Harry's demeanor changes ever so slightly as he looks toward his best friend, but he turns back to me with a smile before leading me into his office.

Harry smiles a lot more now. Maybe he was just unhappy before we started hanging out, or maybe I've just broken through this barrier, but I like seeing him smile. He still has this intimidating face he uses when we're in public, but when we're together he likes to smile.