epilogue 2

The Many Adventures of the Wildflowers

July 27th

Happy second birthday Lennon and Willow! Our two littlest wildflowers. You both had a blast at your party today, which was wild west themed at the request of your mother. Maybe next year you guys will be able to come together to decide on a party theme. The wild west did fit you both though, since this house ain't big enough for the two of ya.

Annika lost another tooth at your party, and Oak got upset when we told her she couldn't wear her dress up heels to the pool party. She'll survive, I think.

Mum and I are just so lucky to have the two of you as a part of our family, little wildflowers. I'll never forget how tiny you guys were when you were born, and getting to hold you both in my arms and sing to you while you fell asleep. One day you'll be like Annika and say you're too big for cuddles, but always remember that you're always going to be my baby girls. That goes for all four of you.

I love you so much, and I'm so grateful you chose me to be your dad.

Love, Daddy

August 16th

Our first family vacation to Disney has proven to be a disaster already and it's only the first day. Disaster may be an exaggeration, but it's hot as shit out here. (I hope you're old enough when you read this, if not, shit is a bad word don't say it.)

Should we have driven to Disney World over taking a flight? No and now I know my mistake and am dreading the drive back home. Next time, we're booking a flight. It's nobody's fault really, I'm just dumb for thinking that four small kids in one car for hours on end was a good idea.

As per my previous statement, it's hot out. And there was just so much walking. Anni was a trouper, but I don't blame Oak, Len, and Willow for getting hot and irritable. If it weren't for mum, I'd be right there with them throwing a tantrum. Tomorrow we're going to Epcot and at least I can have a drink or two if I feel like I'm losing my mind.

The day wasn't all bad though, as mum says, I'm a drama queen. It was really special to see all my girls all so happy. You got to meet the princesses and had fun on the rides with mum and I. I'll deal with all the heat and all the walking if that means I get to make my girls happy. Your smiles make it all worth it.

Let's hope tomorrow is better.

Love, Daddy

August 31

School starts next week, and surprisingly, Oakley is excited this year. Starting Kindergarten at Little Valley was tough on her, but she made plenty of friends that we still keep in touch with. Just last week Willa and Maggie came over to play in the pool. I think first grade is gonna go a lot smoother this time around.

We've been planning out first day outfits and buying the perfect school supplies all week. I think the twins are feeling a little left out of the festivities, but next year they start Pre-k 3! For now, they get to stay home with Forest and play in the garden, what a horrible life.

Anni's been teaching the little ones about the fairy game. She doesn't participate as much since she's grown up and is too cool for that kind of stuff, but I'm happy she keeps the tradition alive and well. Oakley has taken over Anni's presence in the fairy game, now she's the animal fairy. Len, you're the flower fairy, and Willow, you're the music fairy. As always, I'm the protector fairy and mum is the happiness fairy. Forest is the digger fairy. I won't comment on the holes I've been finding in my yard.

Here's to hoping my yard survives the great fairy resurgence.

Love, Daddy.

September 20th