thirty eight

Devon

To absolutely nobody's surprise, Dan couldn't find a way to keep the company from tailspinning in two weeks, or find a way to get me to stay. He wouldn't have been successful in the latter no matter what he tried, though.

I think the best part is that today is my last day and there's a big company party where he's trying to get investors for the company. Obviously he planned it this way so that I would be there to reel them in, but what he doesn't know is that Rachel, one of the other creative directors arranged for there to be a going away/'good luck at your new job at Gucci' cake thing. So the potential investors will know that I'm out the door already.

It feels really good knowing that after today, I'm going to be working for a great, profitable company that definitely will bring in a lot of big bucks. I feel really lucky that this opportunity presented itself, and I'm hopeful that I'll be with the company for years to come, that is if they're good employers.

The girls are spending the night at Anne's and Harry is joining me as my plus one to this shit show of a party. All I had to say was open bar and he was on board. I did, however, pick out an outfit for him. Nothing too crazy, just a black suit, but I picked out a baby blue top with a little design in the same color all throughout. He opted to leave it a little unbuttoned, which I am not complaining about in the slightest.

I'm matching him kind of, since my dress is the same color as the shirt. It's a simple, baby blue silk slip dress that I've paired with strappy heels and some minimalist jewelry. Harry comes in as I'm putting on the earrings he got me, whistling as he walks closer. "Fuck, I get to show off my pretty girl all night, huh?" He smirks, placing his hands on my hips as he kisses my cheek.

I grin, turning my head to peck his lips. "I get to show you off too, angel. And I'm super excited about it."

"Think tonight's the night?" he asks, and I can't help but get excited at his question. It's been almost five months since we last had sex, and I know we're taking things slow but I could only hold out for so long. But I keep my cool, shrugging over at him through the mirror, "Dunno, we'll see I guess."

He grins, kissing my cheek a few times as he squeezes my hips. "Either way I'm excited we get to have a nice night out together. Hey, maybe I could fuck with your old boss, Alex too." He teases.

"You are going to remain professional and like you're above being a violent person." I warn. Even though I'm leaving the company and no longer an official employee, there will probably be people there I'll run into again in the future and I don't want too many problems.

He just shrugs, winking over at me before going to check himself out in the full size mirror. He is definitely feeling himself in this baby blue shirt. Never thought I'd see the day. I finish getting my last touches done before walking over to him, smacking his ass with a giggle. "Come on, lovie. Don't wanna be late."

His hand comes down on my ass too, gripping on and not budging. "An ass girl huh? I can get behind that."

"Yeah, I'm gonna tattoo my name on your ass next." I tease, and he laughs, walking with me to get our things to leave. He's quiet for a minute, leaning against the counter.

"Do you really feel like I branded you? I didn't mean to make you feel pressured into getting my name tattooed..." His voice is gentle, and when I look at him, he looks worried.

With a sigh, I run a hand through my hair. "I don't feel like that. I was drunk, and upset at the situation, embarrassed because I thought we were really over and I had your name there... But I can't lie and say that knowing there are other girls out there that have your initials or your name tattooed doesn't hurt."