twenty nine

Devon

Things haven't been perfect with Harry, but they're getting better and that's what matters. We're working through things and trying to talk, though he needs to work on communicating a lot. But we knew that already.

My car is packed to the max with Christmas presents for Harry and the girls since we're celebrating today on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately with things still being tense with my family, I'm probably spending tomorrow alone or something, but I'll be fine. I'd rather spend the day going to the movies or something than dealing with my dad after everything that happened with Harry.

I'm just trying to keep a festive spirit for the girls. Plus, it's Harry and I's first Christmas together and he's been really excited about celebrating today. Apparently the girls made me some presents too, which I'm super excited to open. Hopefully they enjoy what I got them, but I'm pretty sure they will.

When I pull up to Harry's place, they're already waiting by the door. Harry comes outside to help me bring my bags of presents in and the girls stay inside since it's snowy out and they're just in Christmas pjs. I wave at them from the car, grinning as they wave back and jump up and down.

Harry puts his hand on my waist as he pecks my lips, "Merry Christmas." He smiles, and I grin.

"Merry? Don't you Brits say Happy Christmas?" I tease, helping him get the bags from the back.

He chuckles and rolls his eyes sarcastically. "How many times do I have to tell you I grew up here? I'm a very American Brit."

With a laugh, we walk to the front door and he opens it for me to go inside. Of course, the girls want my attention the second I walk in, so I put the bag down to give them hugs. "Merry Christmas wildflowers!" I smile, squatting down to hug them both. They giggle, telling me Merry Christmas and giving me the sweetest hugs and kisses. I'll never get tired of these two.

"You two look adorable in those Christmas jammies. And I see Fish is dressed for the occasion as well." I grin, seeing Fish in Oakley's hand. Harry seems to have fixated a tiny Santa hat on top of Fish's head. I think the rock is growing on him and his cold, tiny heart.

He really will do anything for those girls. I love that about him.

Annika wraps her arms around me, smiling. "I helped daddy make the green beans for dinner." She sounds very proud of herself and I gasp.

"Oh my, well I'm sure they're the most amazing green beans in the entire world, petal. I cannot wait to have them later!" I kiss her cheek, smiling as Oakley comes over now. "Oakie do!"

"Oh Oakley helped make dinner too? Aren't we so lucky to have the best chefs in the world helping us out." I smile, kissing their cheeks.

Harry comes back from adding my gifts to the pile under the tree and leans against the wall, watching us with a smile. I glance over at him, grinning as Oakley goes on about Fish, but I make sure to give her my attention to make sure she knows I'm paying close attention.

"Wow Oak, that's so impressive!" I smile as she bashfully grins, leaning into me with a giggle. I hug her tight, kissing her head gently. "What do we have planned for Christmas, wildflowers? Do we have cookies made for Santa yet?" I ask, and Annika nods, "Daddy got them from the store today."

I furrow my brows, pursing my lips. "Hmmm, well I know Santa likes cookies from the store, but I always make him cookies. What do you say we make Santa some cookies?"

Harry raises an eyebrow, but I give him a look to let him know that I've got this all under control. Of course, the girls get excited about making cookies for Santa, so we all make our way to the kitchen.