twenty one

Devon

I've never been more excited for a Monday in my life.

Instead of a lunch break quickie, we decided to have a real date night. Harry said he has a surprise for me, and that he wanted to take me out somewhere special so he asked his mom to watch the kids at her place for the night. I felt bad that the first day they get home they get shipped off to grandma's, but the girls are excited to have another sleepover.

They'll be out of the house which means I get to go over to Harry's for sex for the first time. And to add to it, I get to sleep over. We have never spent the night together anywhere before, which is obviously because he has his daughters. But it just seemed like the right time. It's gonna be hard not telling him I love him, mostly because it's just on the front of my mind still, but I'm going to do my best.

I dressed up for work today since Harry's picking me up so we could go right to dinner. I have a really late meeting so I won't be getting out until closer to seven, which means I can't go home to change. I carpooled in with Alex to make this all work because I couldn't bring my car. Harry doesn't know that part and I don't really like that I have to keep it from him, but he kept his kids from me so I guess we're even now.

Looking at the time, I start to pack up my stuff. Harry should be here soon and I just can't wait to see him. I know that tonight is just going to be so fucking perfect and special. Things lately have felt like a movie or something, and maybe we'll get our happy ending sooner than we think. Maybe he's gonna tell me he loves me tonight, but I highly doubt that.

A knock on my door steals my attention from this fantasy I'm making up in my head, and when I look, there's Alex. "Oh hey..."

Ever since Harry said that Alex likes me, I've definitely felt awkward around him. I only see him as a friend, and a part of me feels like by interacting with Alex, I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying not to feel that way because Harry shouldn't be able to tell me who I can hang out with or not. Alex is just a nice work friend, and that's that.

"Hey, do you need a ride home? I forgot to ask this morning." He smiles at me, just trying to be nice.

"Oh, no thanks. Harry's picking me up." I shrug, making it sound like no big deal but that I'm appreciative of the offer. Because I am. It's sweet of him to care so much.

He nods a bit, obviously looking uncomfortable when I bring up Harry. "Oh, okay. Yeah, I guess that makes sense then. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

I bite my lip softly, "Hey Alex, I'm sorry about how he acted that time you met. Since we got back together he's been kind of nervous that things won't work out and he just gets a little jealous, it wasn't personal. I mean, he knew you were a good friend for a while, I guess I just never thought to say you were a guy because we're so close-"

"No, you don't have to apologize, I get it. Just be careful, Devon. Have a good night, and I'll see you." Alex smiles, easing my nerves that this was gonna get awkward.

"You're the best. And I'm not coming in tomorrow because I have the day off, but I will definitely see you on Wednesday." My phone chimes with a text, and glancing down at it I can see it's Harry telling me he's outside.

I grab my things, saying bye to Alex one more time with a quick hug, before heading down to Harry's car. As always, he's waiting outside the car for me so he could open my door. It's like he's a chauffeur or something.

It looks like he changed before coming to get me. He was working at the shop today, but I know he wasn't working in a black button down and trousers. He smirks when he sees my outfit. "Are my eyes deceiving me, or is my girl wearing black today?"