forty four

Devon

Sitting up on the kitchen counter of the rental, I watch with a giant grin as Harry empties out our second wine bottle into our glasses. He hands me mine and I hold it up, knowing I have the cheesiest smile on my face. "To us!" I toast for the millionth time, and he clinks his glass with mine as we take sips.

We are so far gone, at this point, but we couldn't care less. He proposed. Like he actually asked me to marry him.

Hearing those words coming out of his mouth sounded so foreign and as if I was dreaming or something. I mean, laying out on the beach, talking about how much I love him and being with him, and then he just proposes with the most amazing ring. It's so minimal, but it matches every piece of jewelry I own. I'm never taking this ring off.

Saying yes to him was the easiest thing I've ever done. Just knowing that he wants to be with only me for the rest of his life has definitely made me cry a few times since he's proposed, but in a good way of course. Plus I'm pretty wasted at this point so it makes sense.

Harry leans forward, kissing my lips passionately. I place my free hand against his cheek and giggle as we kiss, wrapping my legs around his torso. He grins at me as he pulls away, his eyes slightly hooded over since we're both past drunk at this point. "I just can't wait to marry you." He slurs, giggling slightly as he hears just how drunk he is.

I laugh too, pulling him closer into me as we just laugh and kiss a few more times. Finally I look at him, falling even more in love with his green eyes and pink lips. "Why wait?"

He grins, shaking his head, "Devon..." He has a warning tone to his voice, but I know it's just to make me laugh.

"I'm serious! Harry, let's get married now. We could find a place! I wanna marry you, come on." I plead, giving him some cute sad eyes.

We both crack up again, but he bites the inside of his cheek, shaking his head with a smile. "You want to marry me tonight?" he asks, and I nod again, running my hands through his hair.

"Of course I do."

"You want our wedding anniversary to be October 26th?"

I just shrug, grinning, "Sounds good to me."

"You don't have a dress." He points out, but I shrug again.

"You don't have a suit. We could go to a thrift shop or something. Come on, let's just get married." I grin, laughing as he kisses my neck.

He finally pulls away, taking both of his hands to make me look up at him. I smile dreamily up at him, knowing with all my heart that this is the man I want to marry. Maybe it's just the wine making me want to do it right now, but I also just feel like there's no point in waiting. Yes, we probably should be waiting for our families to know and to tell the girls, but I don't think anyone is gonna object to this.

We'll probably have a wedding for the family at some point, but I think Harry and I as a couple need to do this for ourselves. No stress, no planning and worrying. Just getting married because we love each other. That's all.

He smiles a bit, "Fine, we can get married tonight. Gotta find someplace first, though." He pecks my lips again and I squeal in excitement. "I'm on it, boss!"

With a giggle, he helps me off the counter and I stumble to go find my phone. Once I have it, I google the nearest chapel, since this is a beach town and I'm sure there has to be one somewhere. By chance, there's a 24 hour one less than a mile away, which is good because we can't drive anywhere in our state. There's also a thrift shop we could stop in to change.