forty five

Devon

Cuddling more into the pillow, I could already tell I'm hung over. I don't know what happened last night really, all I know is the sun is up, I'm naked in bed, and my head hurts.

Harry proposed last night. He asked me to spend the rest of my life with him, and I said yes. We had a nice dinner and came home to drink wine and celebrate. We went back out, got married-

My eyes fly open as it all comes flooding back. Harry and I got married last night. We were wasted on wine and went to get married. God, he's going to freak out and we're gonna have to start all over with his recovery.

Turning over in bed, Harry's not there. Fuck. He's probably like three states away and seeing Jamie all over again. I look around the room for my phone, but I don't see either of ours. Just as I'm starting to get up, the door opens and I look over.

Harry's walking in carrying a breakfast in bed tray, stacked with fresh food and fruits and what looks like mimosas. He has just his boxers on, and his hair is pulled back in a cute little bun. Does he even remember? Do I have to break the news to him? I mean, yes of course I obviously want to marry him, but we haven't even told his daughters or our families. I'm sure eloping on a weekend vacation wasn't supposed to be a part of this plan. I didn't even expect him to want to get married ever.

"You look miserable." He comments with a smile, handing me a pill to knock my headache out. I quietly thank him, drinking it back with my mimosa. My eyes catch sight of his hands, and though he's not wearing his normal rings, he's wearing a wedding band. I glance up at his face, not really knowing what to say.

He notices where I was looking and glances down at his hand too, but he smiles. "What? Don't remember becoming Mrs. Styles? Shame." He teases, leaning over to peck my lips.

I look at him confused as he sits back, taking his plate from the tray to start eating. This is not the Harry I know. He would be the one freaking out while I casually eat breakfast. "No, of course I do... It's just... you're okay with that?" I ask, and he just shrugs, shoveling food into his mouth.

"My mum is probably going to murder me, your dad might join her, but I'm happy about it. We were gonna do it anyway, so why wait? At least tell me you remember our first dance." He smiles, "Or I could show you all over again if I must." He teases.

Once it settles in that Harry is clearly not going to have a crisis over this, I nod, "I think I remember but maybe you can refresh my memory." I smile a bit. He grins back, leaning over to press his lips to mine. I kiss him back, starting to relax a lot more. Once he pulls away, he puts his plate down. "Come on, let's dance." He smiles.

He gets up from the bed, jogging quickly into the living room to presumably get his phone. I sit in bed for a second, wondering what the hell we did, but also gaining this strange sense of pride that we did a big intense relationship step with no major setbacks. Finally, I get up from the bed, going into his overnight bag to grab a sweatshirt to put on since it's chilly and I'm not too excited to be walking around the house naked.

When Harry comes back in, I'm looking down at my fingers, admiring my new wedding ring that's been added to the engagement ring already. We weren't even engaged 24 hours and we're already married. Harry comes over, wrapping an arm around my waist to pull me close while he pulls up the song on his phone.

I wrap my arms around his neck, looking up at him as he looks at his phone. He's my husband. I'm his wife. I have to change my name now on every legal document and at work, which is going to be super fun. Finally, the music stylings of Rod Stewart begin to play and Harry tosses his phone on the bed, giving me his full attention.