thirty one

TW: mentions of suicide

Devon

As if this couldn't get any more dramatic, mother nature decided to really set the stage with a giant thunder storm. The rain is pretty bad, but nothing I've never dealt with before. Thankfully I don't live too far from the shop so it's a quick drive.

I park the car in the lot, taking a deep breath before going out into the rain. I should've brought an umbrella but it's too late for that now. I run over to the door, banging on it quickly as I just get soaked in the rain. Harry looks over, seeing me standing here freezing in the rain, but he takes his time coming to open the door. Ass.

He finally unlocks the door and lets me inside, locking it behind me as I walk in. "Thanks." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah."

It's quiet as he goes back to cleaning up everyone's stations and I cross my arms, watching him for a minute. He barely even looks in my direction. "So did I come here to watch you clean or are we actually gonna talk about us?"

He looks at me, obviously annoyed and he holds his hand out. "Talk. Didn't know you needed my permission now."

"You know, you're being a dick."

He chuckles, shaking his head as he continues to clean, not looking at me. "Harry, I swear to god if you don't pay attention to me-"

"What Devon? What? You'll tell me you love me until I do?"

My brows furrow as I just get more mad. "Why are you acting like this?! What happened to us? Things were good, we were happy and then all of a sudden this has been the month from hell!"

He shakes his head again, but I get fed up and go over to him, grabbing him by the arm to make him look at me. And when he does he looks pissed. "I don't know what I did to you, but I know you've done a hell of a lot to me. So I would watch who you give that face to, because I shouldn't even be with you right now. I shouldn't have even given you another chance. All you do is string me along and if this is how you're gonna act when I'm asking for some commitment back, I'm done."

"You aren't asking for commitment, Devon. You're pushing yourself into my family. My daughters and I were just fine before you came into the picture."

"If you were just fine, then you should have turned me down when I asked you out. You could have lied and said you were with someone, you had no problem lying to me before."

His eyes roll, "You always fucking bring that up and hold it against me. I was trying to protect my daughters, Dev!"

"No! I think you were too scared to admit you weren't ready to be with someone so you used them as a way to get out of it instead of being a man and telling me yourself!" I match my tone of voice to his, not caring anymore. This is done.

He walks away from me, going over to his office as he just completely brushes me off. I follow him, not planning on letting up. I'm getting my answers from him. "What happened to Jamie, Harry?"

"Get out of my shop." He mumbles, doing his best to ignore me. But I don't leave. If he wants to act like a brat, I'm gonna act like one too. I keep asking the question, not planning on leaving without an answer. Finally he snaps, slamming his hands against his desk so hard, I'm almost scared it'll break. He looks at me, and I've never seen him more angry in his life. "She fucking killed herself! Are you happy now?! Did you get what you fucking wanted!? She killed herself and it was my fault!"

Silence. He's seething as he stares at me, and I know my mouth is hung open in shock. My heart is beating so fast I'm almost scared it'll stop. Out of all the things going through my head, I never expected that.