thirty

Devon

Harry and I have hit a freefall since Christmas. Who would have thought a little jewelry box would be the cause of our impending break up.

Honestly, it's probably the best thing for us to take a breather. He has things he clearly needs to work through, and I'm not helping it seems. If anything I'm just making this worse for him. If a break is what we need to come back stronger, I'll be open to it. The only problem is that Harry can't seem to make up his mind.

One minute he's texting me like nothing's wrong, and the next he's trying to pick a fight. He's made it clear that he doesn't like that I got Annika the jewelry box and that I know nothing about Jamie. And I've made it clear that Annika needs help dealing with the loss of her mother and he can't just pretend Jamie didn't exist.

I get she hurt him, but she gave him his daughters and it's not fair to them that he acts the way he does. Oakley deserves to know about her mom too. And I'll fight for those girls no matter what he says.

I've told Arden everything, about how Christmas went, how he won't talk to me about his ex, all the fighting, and she is 100% on my side. If anything she's surprised that he got pissed at me for giving his daughter such a thoughtful gift that she clearly loved and cherished right away. Glad to know that I'm not fucking crazy.

Apparently we're supposed to see each other for new years, but I'm not sure I could handle the headache. I have other plans in case the ones with Harry fall through.

My phone lights up as Arden tells me about this guy she's been seeing, and I see it's Harry. We've been fighting throughout the day and I'm just so exhausted about it.

"Dev, don't text him back. He's gonna just upset you and you both need to cool down. This isn't healthy. Just ignore him."

Naturally, I ignore her. Opening up the message, I scoff. "Stop acting like you know everything, Devon. They're my daughters, not yours."

Arden looks down slightly at his words, shaking her head as she focuses on her wine. My glass is still full because I just can't drink. How fucking dare he speak to me like that.

"You know, I'm really getting fucking tired of him being so hot and cold." I say, throwing my phone down on the couch. I'm not replying to that. I'll just say something I don't mean.

"I don't blame you. He's taking it too far and it's not fair to you or those girls. They obviously trust you and want you around and he's just ruining that for them." She sighs, rubbing her forehead stressed out.

I shake my head, "You know he won't give Annika the jewelry box back? And he's mad at me for giving it to her in the first place and putting all the blame on me for why she's so upset. As if I'm fucking killing her mother all over again or something."

Arden rolls her eyes, shaking her head. "Ass."

"How the fuck am I the problem here? All I've done is give him chance after chance and I've been so fucking patient with him. He told me lie after lie and I still took him back! I embraced his daughters when we met, I've been nothing but kind and sweet, and yet I'm always the fucking problem to him. If he thinks I'm such a problem he should just dump me already then, god."

Arden just lets me rant, knowing I need to get it all out. "And all because I said I love him. That's when this all started. Fine, he didn't have to say it back, whatever, but if you don't feel the same and know you never will, say something, dump me, do anything. Don't string me along and definitely do not let me get closer to your daughters! Those girls lost their mother and the last thing they need is to lose another woman they look up to!"