twenty

Devon

The past week has been a dream honestly. Sex with Harry when we could fit it in, work is keeping me busy enough, and every day I'll facetime with Harry and the girls at least once. The other day I actually went back over after work to have dinner with them. They've just accepted me into the family.

This weekend Harry had to go out of town with them to see Jamie's parents and spend the weekend with them over there. They're the girls' grandparents and he still tries to get over there once a month if he can so they could see them and spend time with them. I think it's sweet of him to continue to keep them involved even though Jamie isn't around anymore.

But I'll admit, it's gonna suck to not be able to sext with him while he's over there. He's staying in their guest room and sleeping in the same bed as the girls. We'll just have to plan a time for when he gets back.

"So, you met the kids?" Arden asks, sitting across from me at the tiny kitchen island while I make us some dinner.

A grin comes over my face and I nod, taking a break to look at her, "I met the kids."

"And? I'm assuming the smile means it went well!"

"It went perfect, Arden. They are so sweet and his youngest daughter is like attached to my hip. I think Annika gets jealous that she always has to be holding my hand, but I've just gotta learn to balance the two of them I guess. I've only been over there twice though, so there's time."

Arden grins, holding her wine glass after taking a sip. "That's really sweet, Dev! And how do you think Harry's taking you meeting the kids?"

"You know, I think he's doing good with it. He was really nervous for us at first, but he keeps checking in and making sure I'm okay with this still, which I mean, of course I am. I just think he's really happy that this is going well. They don't know we're dating yet, which is good, honestly. But they definitely like me so far."

It's so weird talking about my boyfriend's kids. Two, three months ago I had no idea they even existed. Now, I'm fully involved in their search for the gnome king. In a way, that is such an intimate part of their lives. They don't talk to just anyone about the fairies and gnomes, and Annika made me promise to keep it a secret because only other fairies can know about their adventure.

They trust me, Harry trusts me. I'm still having to get used to trusting him again, and he's still trying to make up for what happened a few months ago. But knowing that he trusts me enough to get to know his daughters, that was a giant step for him and it helped show me that he's serious about us.

It's one thing if he promises to be honest but keeps our relationship separate from his daughters, but he's choosing to blend us together. Yes, we aren't telling them everything yet, but we've talked about that and that was a choice we made together after I met them. He sees a future with me in it. And that's just amazing.

My relationship with Harry is so much different than my past ones. He's so attentive and caring and genuinely wants to make me happy in any way possible. My last boyfriend Patrick couldn't care less what I was doing. I could have been cheating on him and I think he would have been relieved that he didn't have to pay attention to me. Thankfully he stopped texting me and trying to call me, but I don't think it was because he got the message, I think he just genuinely didn't care enough to keep trying.

"When's the wedding?" She teases and we both laugh. My head shakes as I continue to make us dinner, biting my lip with excitement.

I'd marry him in a heartbeat, which is pretty funny considering my trust in him wavers from day to day. I'm not gonna lie, I've thought that maybe Jamie really just left them and Harry says she died because it's easier for the girls. I saw a picture of her with the girls I'm assuming right before she died and she definitely was stunning. Made me feel kind of insecure for a second there to be honest.