Wedding Bells

I sat in Nic's study, about two months after the hunt room incident and hadn't left it save for when I needed to feed and even then, most of the time Jackson, Hayley, or Nic brought me something. There wasn't second to spare for anything else. Finn was an ass hole and he may or may not have been lying about giving me the dream when I was in the hunt room. It wasn't worth taking the chance.

I ordered books from all over the world about being trapped in an empty world and while I was waiting for them to arrive I decided to search online. There were way too many fan fictions for Cast Away and wading through them was taking up my time. I ended up having to throw away any link with the words Wattpad or Figment in it. Who the hell went on those kinds of things anyways?  

I groaned as I waded through more links. The books I had ordered wouldn't be here until tomorrow. "Not finding anything?" Jason asked me from the other end of the room. I glanced up at him and shook my head.  

"No, all these stupid fan fictions are impeding search," I went on to page ten of Google and sighed. Jason got up from where he was and walked over, holding up his grimoire. 

"This might be something," I sat up as he sat next to me and handed me the book, with his finger on the passage.  

***2 Months Earlier*** 

I bit the inside of my cheek and scanned another book. New Orleans was running out of books for me to read. Caroline had left a little over a week earlier after she had made sure I'd gotten out and 'unwound'. I was successful in convincing her I was fine enough for her to leave me in the care of a brother I was still very much vexed with.  

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. 

"Go away Nic I'm busy," I sighed as I turned the page in my latest book. I didn't bother to look up at him. 

"You haven't left this study since Caroline left," He commented. I didn't feel the need to respond to him, it was a closed statement. I turned to the next page. "Have you had anything to drink?" He asked. I kicked the coffee table which had on it, oh what do you know? Coffee. "You know what I meant," Nic walked further into the room. He tossed a blood bag and it landed in the middle of my book. I sighed heavily and looked up at him before biting into it. "Are you coming to the wedding?" He asked me. I shrugged, finishing the bag and throwing it back at him. He caught it easily and tossed it to the trash.  

"I'm busy," I repeated myself, not looking up at him. "Did they even invite me?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes and sat in a chair not far from me.  

"Yes of course, Jackson insisted you come believe it or not," He raised an eyebrow at me but I wouldn't give his gesture any attention. "Ana, you have to come, Rebekah's picked a dress for you and everything," He motioned to a bag he had hung on the door a few days ago. I didn't want to get dressed up, Kol's dead, Damon's dead and putting a dress on was not at all right.  

"I'll think about it," I told him. He hesitated for a moment before standing and walking to the door. 

"You can't hate me forever," He whispered. I didn't spare him a glance and flipped to the next page of my book.  

"Watch me," I muttered under my breath.  

Ok, so I did eventually get changed into the dress Rebekah left for me. It was pretty at best. I studied myself in the mirror, turning this way and that, fixing the little details of the way it fell on me. 

"You look stunning," I turned around to see Jackson standing in the door way with his arms crossed over his chest. I raised an eyebrow and took a step towards him. 

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself," I nodded at his suit. It was expertly cut but his tie was misplaced. "But I don't know who taught you to tie a tie," He chuckled as I tried to adjust it so that it was straight.