If I Die Young

WARNING EXTREME MOMENTS OF SADNESS MAY OCCUR WHEN READING THIS. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

It's that time guys. This is the long awaited season finale chapter. Because I am a mean writer my main goal was to get you to cry by the end of this chapter so if you do don't forget to comment. So get out your sappy blankets, a tub of ice cream and your crying clothes because you're in for an emotional ride.

I stood in a corner of the room staring at his body. I couldn't move, I didn't want to.  

"That brother of mine, if you let him he would stay in the fields all day with that old damned horse," Damon wrapped his arm around my waist and I giggled leaning my head on his shoulder. "Come, let's find him, I cannot wait to tell him of our good news," I smiled reluctantly up at him, "What's wrong my princess? You can tell me," I sighed looking ahead as we walked to another pair of gates leading out into a vineyard. 

"What if he finds me dull?" I asked sadly, Damon just squeezed my waist and smiled. "Or, plain and disagreeable, what shall I do then?" 

"There is not a dull or plain bone in your body love," He said smiling. "And it is because you are pleasantly disagreeable that I love you," I relaxed slightly.  

I took a deep shaking breath in and a tear rolled down my cheek as I pursed my lips. 

"I got engaged brother," Damon said quietly, looking back at me, I smiled at him and Stefan jumped to his feet noticing me for the first time. He gave a slight respectful bow and I laughed curtseying. "Isn't she beautiful?" Damon asked standing up and walking next to me. 

"Thaliana Mikaelson," I had said sticking out my hand before Stefan had a chance to answer. I already knew by his quickened pulse what his answer would be. "Please, call me Thal," I had said. Stefan took my hand and kissed it slowly. 

"Stefan Salvatore," He said politely. 

My shoulders trembled and I hugged myself to stop them. Another tear rolled down my cheek and my lips began to tremble more. 

Stefan had finished brushing Maribel by six and we walked into the parlor. I walked along the side him and listened to his healthily thumping heart. He stopped by the couch and picked up a lonesome pack of cards. He turned to me smiling sadly, "Damon and Mother used to play solitaire almost every day together just before she died." Stefan paused taking a deep breath staring at the cards. "She absolutely adored him, he was her god sent angel," He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "I never got to play with her, we were not as close," he said, and my heart had went out to him in that moment. I knew how that feeling. I too had wished to be closer to my mother. 

"I know that it's not much," I spoke lowly but not so low that Stefan could not hear me. "And I'm no replacement for her but, I will play with you Stefan," I looked up at him with sad eyes. He looked at me with pleasantly surprised eyes.