Parental Responsibilites

I woke myself up when I shifted and found that my arm couldn't move. I opened one of my eyes and found that I had my arms wrapped around Damon's torso and my head was resting on his chest. He had one arm around my shoulders holding me against his warm body. Our legs were tangled together in a mess of sheets and when I tried to move I was trapped. From Damon's other side I heard his phone go off and I unwrapped my arms from him and reached over him to get his phone. It was his alarm and it said that Jeremy's parent teacher meeting was today at noon. I smiled to myself. As I placed his phone back on the nightstand I felt his arms wrapped around me and I laughed as Damon pulled me back to the bed and rolled so that he was hovering over me.

"You know, it's not good to stick your nose in other people's business," He bared his sharp teeth playfully. I smiled and lifted my head a little bit so that our lips met. Damon let out a little growled of approval and I smiled into our kiss. "I guess I could let it slide," He said breathlessly trailing kissed down my jaw. Lightly nipping as he moved to my collarbone. I tangled my fingers in his hair and took a sharp breath earning another growl from Damon. One of his hands was by my head supporting his body while the other trailed over my bare skin leaving my skin tingling wherever he left. Damon groaned though when his phone buzzed again.

"I may have hit snooze on accident," I laughed as Damon grabbed his phone and checked the time. I followed his eyes to the clock. It was already 11:00. "We should go," I kissed Damon's forearm which he was still using to support himself. He groaned.

"I don't really want to," He whined. I kissed his forearm again and he growled. "I want to stay here with you," His lips returned to mine but I made it brief and eyed him. He groaned again and rolled off of me. "Fine," I smiled as we got out of bed and got changed. I suggested that we stop at the grill to pick up some breakfast and Damon shrugged. He didn't really eat real food like I did, but I was craving some pancakes.

When we got there I got us a table while Damon went to the bar to get a drink. If he were human I would call him an alcoholic.

*** Damon's P.O.V.***

"The breakfast of champions," I raised up my shot glass and smiled at Matt.

"Let me guess, this is about Ana?" He asked me. I smirked and downed the glass.

"You know, that is so incredibly insightful, Donovan. You're really street smart, for someone working behind that bar, for what is it, 3 years now?" I smirked to myself. Yeah, I was in a good mood and I wasn't afraid to show it.

"At least he's not looking for answers at the bottom of a glass," Tyler rolled his eyes. I shook my head and glanced at Thal as she sat in the booth across the room. She was eating pancakes and texting on her phone.

"I've got all the answers wolfy," I said still looking at Thal, I then quickly glanced at my phone and saw the time. "Well boys, I hate to cut the talk short, but unlike you, I have other places to be today, but don't worry, I'll be back. I've got deep, dark, childhood trauma that I'm just itchin' to talk about," I dropped a few bills on the table and walked over to the booth. "Ready?" Thal looked up from her phone and I felt my heart skip a beat when her beautiful blue eyes met mine. She nodded and flipped her flaming red hair. It flew over her shoulder and landed peacefully on her back as she stood.

"What, is something wrong?" She quickly pulled out a mirror and look at herself in it. I shook my head even though she was looking at me.

"Sometimes I just can't get over how beautiful you are," I ran a finger along her cheeks as they flushed red.

"As the guidance counselor, you'll first meet with me individually and then you'll have an open house with your child's teachers," I smirked and at the thought of being the idiot's parent. Thal hooked her arm around mine and I took my hand out of my pocket to interlock it with her. We went to the couch and sat outside the guidance counselor's office. Because his last name was Gilbert we were not on the top of the list for meetings it had been an hour and we still hadn't meant with the damned counselor. Thal rested her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around hers.