Jeremy

As I walked through the woods I followed Damon's scent. Yes I may be a ghost but I could still use my hybrid abilities. I heard the faint sound of a bell chiming and I ran towards it to see a rather sad scene. Jeremy was standing beside Bonnie next to a stump with miscellaneous items on it and Damon, Elena and Matt were surrounding them.

"We ring this bell in honor of Bonnie, in remembrance for her," He rang the bell again and paused sadly. "I'm not sure what else to say," Bonnie placed her hand gently on his shoulder even though he couldn't feel it. I kept myself hidden, I didn't want to ruin their moment.

"Say that I'm not going anywhere, say that even though they couldn't see me I've been there the whole time," Jeremy turned to her before repeating what she said.

"She says that she's not going anywhere, that she has been here all along. Bonnie has watched you have the summer of your life," Bonnie began to walk forward, going from one friend to the other as Jeremy repeated what she said.

"And I saw you happy, and I know you think now that you can't have a normal life... That you have to be there for everyone, but you don't," She turned to Elena who had tears pouring from her eyes as she tried to find where her friend might be standing. "Everyone will find their way, so you are gonna repack your things, you're gonna go back to college, and you're gonna live it up," Elena laughed wiping her eyes as Damon squeezed her hand. "You didn't do anything wrong, Matt. You know I would have sent you 300 e-mails back if I could. I miss you," Matt laughed and tried to hold in his tears. To remain tough. "Caroline..." Caroline let out something between a cough and a laugh before Bonnie could continue. "I watched you decorate that dorm room like your life depended on it," Elena and Caroline shared a glance laughing through their tears "And I know that college isn't everything you expected and that you feel like something's missing, but..." Bonnie and Jeremy paused and they seemed to look somewhere beyond Caroline at... "Tyler..." Tyler walked up to the group holding a white rose and Caroline ran to him hugging him. Together they walked up to the stump a placed the rose on it. Bonnie then began to address Jeremy as everyone cried "This is good. This is all I wanted. I'll be okay. We'll all be okay," Bonnie reached out and Jeremy held her hand. Damon held Elena and Tyler held Caroline. With all of the movement I had forgotten to keep myself hidden and when Jeremy looked up his eyes widened.

"No," He breathed, only Damon seemed to hear it and he looked up at Jeremy. I began to panic and shake my head trying to get Jeremy to stay quiet. "No. Ana?" He breathed Bonnie turned to me and her eyes widened as well.

Dammit.

***

OK. Don't yell at me. I chickened out, I know I did but I wasn't ready. I wasn't mentally prepared to face Damon and Jeremy was going to blow it. The moment he said my name I ran up to him pleading with him to just stop talking. His breath started speeding up and his eyes began to get red. Damon straitened out and caught the attention of Elena who pulled away from him.

"Please Jeremy, stop," I pleaded with him, but he was already shaking his head.

"Can you see her?" Jeremy turned to the rest of the crowed and they looked at him puzzled.

"Jeremy!" I yelled for him to stop.

"Why can't they see you?" he asked me. Damon pulled away from Elena and walked slowly towards Jeremy and I.

"Jeremy, who are you talking to?" His words were slow and calculated but Jeremy just shook his head. Bonnie ran her hand along his shoulder even though he couldn't feel her. "Jeremy!" Damon barked. The others stood watching our exchange quietly. Jeremy began to tear up and I shook my head.

"What happened? Why are you... How are you?" I took a step closer to him approaching him slowly.

"Who is it Jeremy?" Elena's soft voice rang out and the clearing fell silent.