The End

Important! This chapter contains spoilers from the vampire Diaries season four finale. I would not recommend reading until after you have watched that. Unless you don't care... in that case read away.

I saw all of our memories pass through his mind as he remembered. He blinked a couple times then grabbed my left hand and lifted it examining the ring. His eyes then met mine, he seemed to have returned to a level of innocence as he studied my face. His fingertips trailing my jawline. 

"I met you on that raid," He moved a piece of my red hair to behind my ear. "You were, are, so beautiful. I had to make you mine. You stayed with me, didn't care about any of the mistakes I made, forgave me every time I messed up. We were going to get married, run away together. And then you..." his voice trailed just as a single tear did down his cheek. I lightly kissed it away, "You saved my life," I pulled away from him and gazed into his eyes.

"And you saved mine," I smiled, Damon gazed at me for a moment more before closing the distance between our lips. Damon paced his hands on my hips and in a whirl of wine we landed on his bed.

The next morning I woke up to the to the sound of Bon Jovi blasting through the speakers.  I groaned and lifted my head off of Damon's bare chest. This caused him to wake up. I sat up and pulled the sheets around my shoulders, Damon swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood stretching his bare back to me. It honestly wasn't a bad sight. God you bring back his best friend and he freaks out. This why we don't this so often." I chuckled at Damon's grumpiness and slid out of bed putting on my underwear. "Now why don't you walk around like that more often?" he smirked wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head and slipped on my jeans. There was a loud crashing sound and cheers from down stairs just as I was going to answer. Damon let out a large sigh as I slipped my shirt on. We went down the stairs walking hand in hand into the living room. Stefan was lounging on the couch drinking bourbon straight from the bottle and Lexi was dancing.

"Damon! Ana! Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation," Damon rolled his eyes amd turned off the music. "Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course?" Stefan motioned the bottle to her. She smiled at me and winked, I smiled back and rolled my eyes, we knew each other of course I was the one who sent her to look after Damon and Stefan.

"Lexi, back from the dead. Goody," Damon's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"What's up, buzzkill?" Lexi smiled and sped over to him solving him against a wall her hand on his neck.

"Stefan, you're just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" His brother turned to him from... looking at me?

"You reap what you sow, buddy." he lazily took another sip of his bourbon.

"Let's be very clear: whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?" She asked, I walked calmly over to them as Damon nodded.

"Hey, Lexi, please don't hurt him I just got him back," I whined playfully Lexi smirked and released him. He gasped for air and rubbed his neck.

"So if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up. And here you two are, having dance party USA," He interlaced his hand with mine and Stefan frowned at it.

"You're right. How selfish of me to be indulging in these precious moments with my formerly dead best friend. I should be sacrificing my own happiness for the good of others, right? I should be upstairs grooming my hero-hair," Stefan returned his gaze to his brother roughly rubbing the top of his head messing up his hair. Damon didn't notice Stefan's look but I sure did.

"Are you drunk?" He asked, Stefan took another swig.

"I don't know, Mom, am I?" I walked over to Stefan and take his bottle. Lexi chuckled.