Fight?

*** Thal's P.O.V.***

Before Damon got back to the room I decided to give him a hint as to how mad I was at him. I called down to the front desk and had them bring a roll-away bed into the room, which they then made up before leaving. Of course I took his pillows, because leaving them to him would constitute fairness and I was a pissed off bitch at the moment. Once the maid staff left I changed into my shorts and a tank top and got under the sheets of the bed. I turned out the lights and lay there trying to calm myself down for what was about to happen. I didn't want to fight with Damon, but I knew it would end that way no matter what we did to prevent it.

About an hour later the door opened quietly and I was wide awake. It shut quietly and I rolled over and turned on the light. Damon stood in the door, taking his shoes off. He surveyed the room, taking in the extra bed and the anger that leaked out of me.

"That mad huh?" He asked scratching the back of his neck with one hand. I gritted my teeth and turned away from him as my eyes watered.

"It was worse, but Caroline convinced me otherwise," I whispered.

"Caroline huh? I would have never guessed," when I looked back at Damon he had his shirt part way off and a smirk on his face. I turned away from him quickly.

"This isn't funny Damon," I hugged my knees to my chest. "You promised me that you would tell me before you went on life risking missions. I trusted that you would tell me and you betrayed that trust," The bed sunk down next to me and Damon's hand touched my knee. I immediately shifted away from him.

"Come on Thal, you know I don't think this is funny. I just didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry about me all day and try to stop me from going," He tried to explain. I shook my head.

"So, if you had no intentions of telling me in the first place, why would you make the promise?" I asked. I turned back to him and sat up fully. "And you honestly think I would try to keep you from doing what you want? I don't love you because you're safe and play by the rules, I don't do that. I just at least need you to respect me enough to tell me when you're going to do something that is life threatening," My voice started to waver. "I won't try to stop you but maybe I can help make it less dangerous, or kiss you and tell you I love you before you go," My eyes were watering and it was only a matter of time before I was crying. The room was silent for a few moments and I turned away from Damon. "God, and then you go with Elena?" I shook my head and Damon immediately became animated.

"It wasn't like that Thal, you know it wasn't like that," He defended himself. I sighed and nodded. I knew, but that didn't make it hurt any less. It felt like he trusted her more than he did me and even though I knew that wasn't true I couldn't stop the thought from entering my mind. "Look, I know that what I did was really bad, but I'm sorry, and it won't happen again," I looked up into his eyes and saw (mind my cliché) clear as day, that he meant what he said, and even if he couldn't hold it up I at least knew that he would try his best to and that was all I asked of him. I sighed.

"That wasn't as bad as I had pictured it in my head," I smirked leaning to the side and resting my head on Damon's shoulder.

"What?" He asked me and I shrugged closing my eyes. If I told him that I thought the fight would be crazy it would spin into a whole other ordeal that was totally unnecessary. Sometimes the best thing you could do in a relationship was to keep your mouth shut.

"Nothing, you're just better than my past boyfriends," I wasn't necessarily lying, he was the best I'd ever had besides maybe, Stefan but there were some faults with him that made him a close but definite second. Even then I sure as hell wouldn't tell Damon that.