Never Have I Ever

*** Damon’s P.O.V.***

I heaved a bored sigh and threw one of my ice cubes from my drink at Luke as he chanted a locator spell. Thal was sleeping peacefully and that was a rare occasion as of late so I decided to not wake her. Luke stopped chanting and glared at me.

“That's not helping,” He said annoyed. I rolled my eyes.

“Well, you've been failing now for an hour, wonder twin, so at this point, I can't imagine it's hurting,” I rolled my eyes again as Stefan walked in.

“Damon, I know you're out a friend, but, uh, I'm not sure this guy's the best replacement,” Stefan smirked as he spoke sarcastically.   

“I don't think this guy's the best anything if his locator spell skills are any indication,” I paused and turned to Luke “Yo! Where's your sister?” I asked him.

“She's tired of being almost murdered. Look. I can find any person anywhere on the planet, ok? There's just something weird with your friend Enzo. I can't get a read,” He frowned. I gritted my teeth. “Why don’t you just use your girlfriend? She could find him even if he was at the bottom of the Atlantic,” Luke asked. I shook my head and ignored him. He didn’t have to know I had a sensitive side.

“Enzo? Didn't he, uh, go to Cape Horn?” Stefan asked scratching the back of his neck.

“He flipped his humanity switch. There should have been a body count all the way to the airport,” He had to still be in Mystic Falls.

“Well, why are you looking for him?” Stefan was the king of ignorant questions today.

“Gee. I don't know, Stefan. Vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl. Hmm,” I mocked him and he shook his head.

“Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke's doing. Is that possible?” Stefan asked and Luke shrugged.

“A cloaking spell? I guess,” He sighed standing up. “And like I said, your girlfriend could probably get around it. I don’t know why you keep underestimating her,” I growled and Luke shut up immediately.

“Look, Enzo obviously doesn't want to be found, so, uh, why don't you just drop it?” Stefan tried to diffuse the situation. I turned around as Tyler walked through the front door. 

 “We have a problem. Markos turned Sloan into a vampire, had her drink doppelgänger blood, and after some chanting ritual thing, she turned human again,” Tyler frowned as he walked farther into the house. All this talking was going to wake Thal and that was pissing me off.

“He cured her?” Stefan asked. His voice hopeful.

“He cured her to death. The blood took away her vampirism but left her in the state that she was in just before she turned,” He added. I shook my head.

“That state being dead. Got it,” I said eager to get him out the house.  

“So it kills vampires. What does the spell mean for the witches?” Luke asked walking up to us.

“No one cares. Keep chanting,” I gritted my teeth and Luke rolled his eyes at me before returning to his place on the mat.  

“The point is they feel if they can get rid of all magic they'll break some lame-ass witch curse,” Tyler explained. I sucked on the inside of my cheek.

“Markos said they can't settle anywhere without evoking earthquakes or hellfire, but they break that curse, and they just move right on into Mystic Falls,” I thought out loud.

“And come after Elena, Ana and me today, as in now,” Stefan concluded.

“Oh, well. Markos had a good week or two in the land of the living. Now where is he so can kill him?” I asked, but Tyler shook his head.