Valentines Day Special

Thanks to those who voted for me in the Watty finals! Sadly I didn't win but that just means this book can continue so I thought this short and sweet chapter could kick it off. I will update this regularly after I bridge and finish Originally Yours. I hope you like this, those who ship Thal and Jason will be happy.

1600s

I sat upright and reached out my hand slowly to pick up my tea cup. I brought it to my lips and tried my best not to make any sounds while I drank. I picked at the hem of my skirt, I would have to fix the stray thread before it torn my dress. Rebekah had had one of her maids make it for me and I couldn't bear to ruin it. I took another sip of my tea before placing it and the saucer back on the table cushioning it with my pinky so it wouldn't make a sound. I shifted my gaze up to the wall and focused on the pattern the grain seemed to be making, it was interesting swirls and inspired me to paint. But I couldn't paint, not at least for another hour because...

"Ana dear are you listening?" My eyes snapped to my suitor and I smiled while Elijah cleared his throat.

"Of course she was listening, who couldn't be interested in politics?" I smiled and the corners of my eyes crinkled. Nic's barking laugh filled the room and my head snapped to where he was standing at the door of the room.

"Nothing could bore our sister more than current events and you know that Elijah. She would be more interested in town gossip like the rest of the silly girls on this town block," I gasped and stood quickly forgetting my manners for a moment.

"I am not silly Nicklaus," I protested, he smirked. "And I am certainly not like the other girls on this block,"

"But you do enjoy the town gossip do you not?" I opened my mouth but couldn't find any words to protest with. He laughed, "You see, you are a silly girl," He shook his head and left the room before I could say anything. I frowned and turned back to my empty cup of tea and placed it on the tray would of our servants was holding in the corner of the room.

"Do not pout Ana, your face will wrinkle," Jason stood and walked over to me placing his cup on the saucer. I fought back the urge to roll my eyes. Lately he had been constantly trying to correct me and it was getting on my nerves. "Look love, I have scheduled a special dinner for us tonight so why don't we take a walk while it's set up?" He held out his arm and I linked mine with it.

"What is the occasion?" I asked quietly as I let him guide me out of the room.

"I thought as a lady you would definitely know what today was," I raised my eyebrows to him. Sometimes what he said made my blood boil. "I'm sorry love, it's Saint Valentine's Day today," My heart sank. This was the holiday of love and not once had I ever celebrated it with someone I actually loved. Of course my family was not in the count. "Do you not like the holiday?" He asked, I shook my head as we walked down the stone path leading to the flower garden.

"That is not it. I think the holiday is clever, I just don't believe that it should be the only day where a man or woman goes out of their way to make their significant other happy," I chewed lightly on the inside of my cheek, a habit I had recently picked up from Kol. Jason nodded and thought about what I said for a moment.

"This is not the only day," He said, "I got you flowers a few days ago," I nodded but he didn't seem to get it. "Besides, if we did special things for each other they would no longer be special," He pointed out. "There would be no use for the holiday," 

"I do not see any use for the holiday as it is," I said shrugging. "I think everyday should be Valentines Day, a new adventure for lovers," I smiled at the romance of it all.

"That's not logical, how could everyday be a new adventure. You will become tired of it and when you returned to the real world it would seem boring." My mood was deflated once again. "You have been reading too many books. I told you they weren't good for your mind," I could help but roll my eyes this time. Jason was incredibly old fashioned and believed that the mind of a woman was only meant to read so she could read the scripture to her children.