Freckles

I stood in the bathroom pulling a straightener through my hair wincing when I accidently touched my head with the straightener. I hissed when my finger touched a hot part of the straightener. If I were human I would have scars all over my head and hands.

"What are you doing?" Damon asked leaning on the doorframe, smirking at me.

"You better not be smirking at my pain," I unplugged the straightener and ran my hand under water. Damon's eyebrows shot up in mock surprise and I rolled my eyes.

"Me? Never," I laughed and that made his smile grow as he stepped into the bathroom. I eyed him through the mirror as he began to take off his boxers, which was all he had on. "Why do you even do that anyways?" He asked. "Isn't your hair like perfect all the time?" He turned on the shower water.

"My hair is only perfect because I do this," I pulled a brush through it then took out my eyeliner. "That goes for my face to," I opened my eyes wide to get the bottom lid.

"So you could be secretly ugly and I wouldn't know," Damon stepped into the shower and I smiled to myself watching him.

"Oh yes, with a huge ugly scar right down the center of my face, and you would never know," I closed one eye and made a winged tip with my liner.

"I don't believe it," Damon called over the water. "Even if you did have a scar, it would be the most beautiful scar I've ever seen," I laughed lightly at his comment and put away my makeup after I did the other wing . I could go the day with only eyeliner on, it wouldn't kill me. I closed my kit and put it in one of drawers before leaving the bathroom. "Oh, and Thal?" I turned back to Damon to see he had opened the shower door. "Next time you want to ogle my nakedness take a picture," My face grew red as he smirked and pulled his head back into the shower.

"I'm going to Jeremy's," Was the only response I could give him. "Meet me there," I slipped on a pair of wedges and grabbed my keys.

***

"Matt, I swear to god if we don't find this traveler knife," I growled searching through a set of drawers. Damon had briefed me earlier about what had happened with the mass suicide of the travelers and how they had all become passengers in human bodies. This traveler knife that Tyler was supposed to have was the only thing that could kill them and they had lost it. "I mean of all the things you could lose," I trailed moving to the next drawer.

"Ugh! Whose nasty-ass boxers are under the couch?" Jeremy groaned and I scrunched up my nose. Luckily Damon was clean or I would be in a tough situation.

"Not mine. I actually do my laundry. It's not in the floor safe," Jeremy rolled his eyes and threw it across the room.

"These drawers are empty," I forcefully closed the one I was looking in. "It's not in here,"

"Or the kitchen cabinets or the garage or the bookshelves. The Traveler knife is gone," Jeremy ran a hand through his hair pausing to pull it at some points.

"Are you sure Tyler hid it where he said he did?" I asked. Matt collapsed on the couch and I sat beside him.

"Well, obviously not," Jeremy gritted his teeth and his attitude was starting to get on my nerves.

"Dingdong! Invite me in," The door swung open and Damon stood in it smiling.

"We can hear you just fine from there," Matt snapped at him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I interrupted whatever weird ritual you were doing, but I just want to de-passenger the great citizens of Mystic Falls using your magical Traveler knife, so hand it over," Damon stuck out his hand and made a motion for us to hand it over.