Always and Forever

So I've been having trouble coming up with new chapter titles, which you have probably seen. So, I issue a new competition, for the next few chapters enter in the comments what you think should be the chapter title should be and the winner gets a dedication and my eternal gratitude. 

We have been at a standstill in the same spot for hours, Nik trying to get around Elijah and Elijah stopping him. They still have not told me exactly what it is that they are fighting over so I am just sitting on the top of a tomb waiting for something to happen. I have two hours left before my spell breaks and Stefan becomes worried and looks for me.

“You've been at this for hours. To what end? Niklaus, I know you, and I grew up fighting you. I can't be beaten, nor can I be persuaded. You cannot get past me,” The first words spoken in the last hundred and 120 minutes. I heaved a silent sigh of relief.

“I could get past you. Although, it might have to be over your dead body. You did stab me with that blade, forcing me to endure hours of unspeakable pain. Perhaps I should direct my rage toward you,” Nik pointed the stake at Elijah and I perked up. “I mean I would be justified would I not because not only did you cause me that pain but our sister as well,”

“You should see yourself-- the murderous expression, the self-righteous posturing. You look like father,”  I jumped off of my tomb, suddenly on high alert. These were the types of insults that would cut deeply and Niklaus was already not stable. I can already feel my twin’s pain at the statement, such anger and sadness.

“I'm not him. Rebekah's betrayal justifies my anger. His was that of a madman. You were never the recipient of his cruelty. None of you were-- not Kol, not Finn, None of you! I think you've forgotten what he was truly like,” Tears began to flow from my eyes.

“I know what it was like,” I yelled to my brothers. They turned to, surprise written all over their faces. I had kept what Mikael did to me a secret because they already hated him so much.

***900 AD Mystic Falls***

I sat, with my mother, Esther as she taught me how to weave strings into fabric. I was frowning out of concentration and wanted nothing more than to use my expression to make the string weave itself. I let out a groan and threw down my haphazard cloth.

“Mother,” She gave me the eye and I corrected myself. “Esther, I cannot understand this, I will never find a  husband if I cannot weave,” A dark chuckle came from the doorway and I saw Mikael standing in it. Esther frowned.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that she said she would never find a husband if she couldn’t weave,” Mikael laughed to himself again. “And here I am thinking to myself. The reason you won’t find a husband is because you are a devil reincarnate,” Mikael walked farther into the room and my mother stiffened. “Hair like fire,” He scoffed at me. I frowned and gazed down at my hands. Ever since the day I was born he had hated  me, and even if there was reason for him to, he didn’t know that. “Stand girl,” I quickly stood to face him but kept my head down. “Look at me,” He hooked his finger underneath my chin and forced me to look up at him.

“Darling please stop,” Esther stood at the sudden show of violence but didn’t dare step in. Mikael’s eyes narrowed as he studied me, looking and sifting through my secrets, my flaws.

“You are trash,” He spat, I closed my eyes, squeezing them shut to keep tears from coming. Mikael then shoved me into the dirt with the hand he had on my chin. I screamed as I fell back.

“Father,” I heard someone come into the house as I sat with tears in my eyes, spilling against my wishes. I looked uo to see Kol frowning and standing over me, he knelt down and helped me up. He wrapped his  arms around me shushing me as I cried.