Friends

***Thal***

I got out of my bed and chased after Damon as he went down the hall way. "Damon, stop," I called out. Damon turned to me.

"No matter how much I love you in a tank top babe it's a bit cold outside so you should probably wear something else," He winked at me but before he could turn to continue down the stairs I grabbed his shoulder forcing him to look at me.

"Ok, one: don't call me babe, and two: what the hell is going on?" Damon grimaced before shaking his head. 

"I gotta wait for my baby bro, no use in telling the news twice," He patted my shoulder shaking off my arm before he continued down the stairs. I frowned but slowly turned around and walked up the stairs. When I got back to the room Stefan was in a loose pair of jeans and was riffling through his drawer looking for a shirt. His hair damp from the shower, which didn't help with the random spikes in the least. I whistled at him and he jumped a bit turning around, his face red. 

"Looking good," I teased. Stefan rolled his eyes and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and bit my ear playfully. I laughed and pushed him away. "I have to go change," I blew him a kiss as I left his room shutting the door behind me. 

***Third person***

Stefan frowned as his door shut when Ana left. He didn't feel right, they didn't feel right. He thought he knew what he wanted, he thought he wanted her, but had that been a mistake? He ran a hand through his hair groaning when it got caught on the greasy mess. Maybe Caroline was right, the more and more he kissed Ana, the less and less he wanted to and that was the opposite of how he should have been feeling. She was right, Ana that is. He wasn't in love with her, just the thought of being in love with her. 

He gritted his teeth while slipping on a white t-shirt and his leather jacket. Before he could leave his room Damon came in, and he was beyond furious. His brother oculd only tell by the fact that he masked it with complete serenity. He walked around the room silently, picking up different keepsakes and placing them back down with a sharp thud.

"So, you Thal," Stefan raised his eyebrows at his brother. "When were you going to tell me, at the wedding? Like 'Suprise, I'm marrying your ex will you be my best man?'" Stefan rolled his eyes.

"We both know you wouldn't be my best man Damon," Damon smirked and picked up a photo of Stefan and Lexi from 1954.

"Right, right, it would be Elijah wouldn't it?" Stefan didn't respond, he knew his brother didn't come back to his room to talk about fake weddings. "Isn't there a code or something?" Damon asked his blue eyes flicked to meet his brother's before he started to thumb through one of Stefan's books. "You know a bro code. Thou shalt not date thine brother's ex, and all that crap," If Stefan had been drinking water he would have spit it back out. Damon had to be kidding.

"And those rules don't apply to you then? Because last time I checked Elena was my ex," Stefan paused, "And you slept with Lexi," 

"Ok, one: Lexi is not your ex and two: Elena doesn't count," Damon paused, putting down the book. "Besides, I slept with Lexi to break her heart. If you break Thal's heart I will break you," Stefan ignored his brother's thoughtless threat. 

"How does Elena not count?" Stefan asked. "Last time I checked I wasn't like, 'Hey Damon, go ahead, date Elena, it's not like I'm still in love with her or anything," Stefan shouted. That was a mistake, when he looked up he saw Ana standing in the door frame. She was a bit shocked, she hadn't heard the entire conversation but what she heard was pretty incriminating. Her bottom lip trembled slightly but she refused to allow even one tear to fall. "Ana I--"

"So, um, where are we going?" SHe asked quietly, her voice weak. Stefan regretted letting his brother getting under his skin, especially when he saw the triumphant smirk on Damon's face. He was leading him to say that the entire time. Thal scratched her arm awkwardly, she didn't want to focus on what she just heard. No, she wasn't in love with Stefan, but it had felt nice to have someone say she was the most important in their life and it stung that that had been a lie.