Old Connections

“No Damon,” I rolled my eyes and got out the car walking away from him.

“Oh come on Thal, you know you want to,” Damon caught up to me leaving Enzo to turn off the car.

“Um, no I really don’t want to have ‘Elena dumped my so I’m sad and pitying myself’ sex with you Damon,” I took out my key and let myself into his house.

“Then call it rebound,” He suggested and I scoffed.

“Rebound from what? Last time I check people don’t rebound with the person they are trying to get over. That’s the opposite of what they would do,” I pointed out. So I was wrong, the new Damon is freaking annoying. All he wants to do is make himself feel better and couldn’t care less about my feelings.

“Rebound from my brother,” Damon pointed a finger at me then opened up his palm as if to say ‘doesn’t that work?’

“I’m not trying to get over your brother. In fact the only reason I’m still in town is because Enzo has some unfinished business,” I turned around. “Don’t take my indifference to you as weakness or a sign of hopelessness, take it as a sign of the fact that I don’t give a damn about you anymore and will treat you like any other one that’s tried to make advances on me,” I growled. Damon raised an eyebrow cockily. I didn’t scare him, even if I should have.

“Leave her alone mate, she obviously won’t sleep with you,” Enzo turned to me and showed a hint of his devious smile. “And I’ve seen the last guy that made unwanted advances on her… let’s just say that his hands are at the bottom of the pacific and the rest of him isn’t,”  Enzo knew as much about the last guy I took out as I told the truth in my speech to Damon. Which was to say Enzo was lying through his teeth, but it wasn’t like it wasn’t a possibility.

“I thought you liked me,” Damon raised an eyebrow, “And I was thinking that we could try us out again,” He sounded cocky and not even the least bit sincere. He was messing with me to try and get a rise out of me, and it worked. I squeezed my back teeth together and spun on my heel to face him.

“First of all the key word in that sentence is liked, I liked you as in past tense. I don’t like you anymore. And I wouldn’t give us another try because you don’t really want to be in a relationship with me. You don’t even like me, you’re just saying that to get me to have sex with you and I won’t. Damon, we had our chance and I ruined it, I’m going to have to live with that for the rest of eternity but I’m not going to hang onto you for rest of eternity either,” Damon didn’t look the least bit stunned by my response and that’s only because I was right and he knew it. Before anyone could say anything to continue the conversation my phone rang. I pulled it out to see that Caroline was calling me. I sighed and pressed the ignore button.

“Looks like I’m not the only one vampire Barbie likes to call,” Damon smirked as my phone began to vibrate again. I gritted my teeth and ignored again only to be met with another call coming through. It was as if I was on her speed dial. I groaned and answered my phone.

“You know, when it makes the vibrating sound and my face pops up it means you hit the green button,” Caroline talked slowly as if I didn’t know how the phone worked.

“Oh really, I could have sworn the red one did the trick,” I quipped back. A bright smile flashed across Enzo’s face.

“Ooh, that settles it, you are definitely bitter,” She commented. I didn’t know what to say, that comment made no sense to me whatsoever. “You are coming with Elena and I to the bitter ball,” Her voice was so happy sounding that her words didn’t quite sink in, but when they did, I did the only thing I could do. I hung up.