Death in the Family

*** Damon's P.O.V.***

"I would pick and choose your words carefully from now on mate. I may think you're the cause and accidently kill you," Klaus stalked closer. I took a deep breath. I thought he would be more willing to listen if he knew something was wrong with his sister. I turned to Elijah, but his face was stony and gave nothing away. I ground my teeth and sighed.

"Thal's been having nightmares recently. She tosses and turns all night and sometimes she even hurts herself. When we wake up she has bruises all over her legs and hands and face and she won't tell me how they got there," My hand clenched into a fist thinking about all of our fights on the topic. Klaus and Elijah glanced at each other, exchanging looks of concern.

"When did these nightmares start?" Elijah asked.

"I don't know, about a month ago," I thought back to the first night she had the nightmare. She woke up screaming that she didn't do it. The people in the next room called the cops because they thought I was doing something to her.

"What were you talking about?" Elijah asked as Klaus walked closer to us and sat at a chair at one of the tables. I thought about it for a little while, but honestly couldn't remember. I shook my head at a loss.

"Why don't I jog your memory a little mate?" Klaus sneered. My jaw tightened, he didn't scare me because I knew he couldn't kill me. Not if he still wanted Thal to speak to him, not that she had in the last month.

"Were you talking about past relationships? Perhaps Ulrik?" Elijah asked. I thought again and the name rang a bell. I remembered our fight that night and how we started talking about past relationships. She was hesitant to talk about him.

"Yeah, she said he was her first relationship," Klaus groaned and Elijah sighed. I looked between the two of them, confused as to what was going on.

"Every time she talks, or thinks about him the nightmares come back. She thinks she killed him and it was a traumatic experience for her," Elijah explained.

"She didn't kill him?" I asked. Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Of course not, Michael killed him and planted the nightmare in her head," Klaus scoffed at me and I glared at him in return.

"Well, how can I get rid of them?" I asked. Elijah shook his head.

"You can't, they'll go away after a decade or so," I gritted my teeth. A decade was way too long of a time to wait for her to get better. I would have to find my own way to get her better faster. I couldn't go through a decade of midnight screaming and kicking me in the leg every time she began to run in the dream. I stood and began to leave. I didn't see the need for goodbyes to them, they didn't like me and I didn't like them, our mutual interest was Thal and the issue was resolved at this point.

"Damon wait," Elijah called out to me once I was on the street. I stopped and turned around. He was standing just behind me and looked to be a bit... nervous? "Other than the dreams, how is Thal? Is she still mad at us?" Elijah asked. I sighed and turned away from him for a moment before meeting his eyes again.

"I'm here without her right now Elijah. What do you think?" I asked him. He cursed to himself before looking back up at me. "Tell her I'm sorry," He sighed. I nodded and turned back to walk down the street.

*** Thal's P.O.V.***

"Who's done this to you? I swear I'll kill them. I swear it to you," Tears welled as I moved his hair from his face. Blood had painted my hands red. I had tried to save him, I had tried but I couldn't. I didn't love him enough.