0.2

0.2

NEW YORK

everyone deals

with death

in different ways

-

        Tamina accidently bumped into someone and tried to say she was sorry, but she couldn't speak, she could only mutter. The drugs were taking a negative effect on her and she was about to have a panic attack. She felt as if bugs were crawling on her and when she looked at her hands she saw them. She scratched them off but it seemed as if more emerged from no where.

        "Hey, are you okay?" she heard a voice ask, and even though it was only one voice, it sounded like a thousand repeating voices to her.

        She tried to say no, but she just couldn't. It was like someone was holding her tongue. She felt whoever spoke to her grab her arm tightly. She tried to pull her arm away, but she felt to weak to even try.  They suddenly stopped walking and he shouted with anger at someone.

        "What the fuck did you give her?" he growled.

        "It was just some pills," Tamina heard Hope's voice, she could imagine Hope rolling her eyes, "How do you even know I was the one who gave them to her?"

        "I saw you two talking earlier that's how," he scoffed, "Get her home."

        Hope grabbed Tamina's arm and dragged her outside, so Tamina could get fresh air and so she could get her home safely.

        "Alright Trippy," Hope laughed at the nickname, "Can you tell me where you live?"

        Tamina opened her mouth but then leaned over and let out all the contents in her stomach. Hope sighed and rolled her eyes. Tamina felt her throat burning as she spoke to Hope.

        "Can't you take me to a hotel or something?" Tamina finally was able to get words out without stuttering or loosing her train of thought.

        "Something tells me that you don't want to go home," Hope said, "Fight with your boyfriend?"

        "No," Tamina sighed, "I just.."

        "It's not my buisness," Hope said, "Well, I could let you stay at mine or something, if you'd like."

        Hope and Tamina got into a taxi and the ride to Hope's apartment was silent. Tamina still felt sick but she knew that after getting sick all over the floor outside the club, some of the drugs in her system were gone.

        "Feeling any better?" Hope asked quietly.

        Tamina nodded, "A little."

        When they got to Hope's, Tamina felt as if she was going to collapse on the ground. Her surroundings started spinning and she felt like she was going to get sick again. Hope put her arm around Tamina's waist and supported her as they walked up the stairs of the apartment building.

        When Hope opened the door, the first thing Tamina did was fall to the floor. Hope started laughing and Tamina wanted to slap her, but she couldn't in that moment.

        Tamina dragged herself across the floor and into the bathroom. She got sick once again and when she had let it out, she just lied on the bathroom floor. She could still hear Hope laughing and all she wanted to do was slap that grin off her face.