2.0

2.0

BOSTON

the monsters you thought

were in your closet

lurk all over the world

-

Abbi got out of the shower, handing Sophie a pair of her clothes. They were at Abbi's house in Boston, a place she hadn't stepped foot in since the day that she had left after her dad and brothers were killed in front of her.

Wendy had stayed in Georgia, telling Michael and her friends that she needed to spend time with Quentin, just for a little before she came back. Wendy didn't know about Sophie's resurrection and neither did anyone else, Abbi didn't tell, she just said that she would see Wendy when she came back to Boston, to which Wendy nodded and then hung up the phone.

At that moment, it was only Sophie and Abbi.

"You okay?" Abbi asked Sophie.

Sophie shook her head, "It's a lot of information to take in Abbi. Monsters, the ones that I made my parents look for under my bed, they exist."

"And I'm one of them," Abbi plopped herself next to Sophie and sighed.

Sophie looked at her, "Am I?"

Abbi gave her a smile of pity, "Everyone has a monster inside of them."

"Why did you take me here?" Sophie asked her, "To Boston? I mean, I can understand why I wasn't aloud to see my mom and dad, or anyone else but, why here? Why Boston?"

Abbi cleared her throat, "Well, this is where I grew up after I..." she trailed off, "After I left."

"I'm really sorry about what happened to your mom and dad," Sophie said sympethatically. Abbi had told her everything, all about the demon that took her mom and how Tamina Blackwell gutted the rest of her family.

Sophie remembered Tamina, only because she was one of the most talked about people at the high school that they both attended.

"And also because Charlie and Michael are here," Abbi admitted to her, "And I know you've been dying to ask me about them."

"I thought you said they were dead?" Sophie asked her, "Remember? I cried for almost an hour and now you're telling me they're alive?"

"I didn't think you were ready to know about this," Abbi sighed, "Tamina was murdered by a demon, she made a deal to bring her friends back to life and that's why she's a demon now. The eight of them left Georgia after their senior year and bought a house in Boston, it was nicknamed the murder house because of all the deaths and according to recordings, Charlie and the rest of her friends are the most recent deaths."

"Calum and Tamina were the only ones who survived?" Sophie asked.

Abbi nodded, "Yeah."

"Why did you bring me back?" Sophie asked her sister, "I mean, people die, it's a part of life. I've been dead for two years, why did you bring me back?"

"People went through a lot of pain while you were gone," Abbi said to her, "Charlie and Michael were the ones affected the most, along with your parents.. and me, and the other three who you call your friends."

"Jane, Bailey, and Regan?" Sophie asked her, she chuckled a bit, "I wonder how they've been."

"Different," Abbi admitted, "I hate them, I do, but they're different. When I first met them, they were rebels who did rebellious things for fun, because they wanted to live, but it's different now."