3.9

3.9

NEW YORK

the hurt that comes with the truth

is the reason why there are so many liars

in this horrifying world

-

There were many confusing stares between all of them, and the lights started to flicker as Kyle, Josh, and Jamie appeared in the room.

He looked at all of us and looked at Tamina, "Are you okay? You summoned me?"

"Do you know her?" Tamina looked at me and then at Kyle.

He shook his head, "No? Why? Baby, what's going on?"

"Are you okay?" Jamie asked Tamina.

"Why is everyone here?" Josh asked.

Tamina stared at me with fear, hatred, and pain in her eyes. "That's Paulina's granddaughter."

"What?" he frowned.

"Tamina," Charlie stared at me, "That's her. That's the girl who called my mom." She stared to let that sink in and she charged at me, but I put my hand up, holding her back.

"You killed my mom!" she yelled at me, "The day that was supposed to be the happiest day of my life you took the one thing that brought me the most joy away from me! Why did you do that to me?! How could you do that to my mom?! What did she ever do to you?!"

"I did what I had to do," I looked at all of them individually. Everyone was silent for a moment except for tears running down Charlie's face, "Would you like me to tell you? Who I am, what I am, and why I did what I did to all of you?"

Tamina nodded, "I think we'd all like to hear that."

"Then take a seat," I said, "You're in for one hell of an emotional rollercoaster darlings, and don't worry, Jordyn and Ashton are hearing this too."

Tamina turned her head and the others followed and they stared at the two spirits that I had reached out to in heaven as dangerous as that was for my kind, because I thought it would only be fair if they knew as well.

"Go ahead," Jordyn muttered, "Tell your story."

I cleared my throat, "Paulina was an abomination to you all made by me. I created the demon that she was."

"What are you talking about?" Ashton asked.

"Paulina never told any of you, besides Tamina that she had a granddaughter, that was me. I had a mental disorder that now is called impulse control disorder. It gives you the urge to randomly hurt people, even those who mean a lot to you. I loved my grandma, I really did but my mind was so messed up that there were times I blacked out and said some really terrible things to her, did terrible things to her."

"And one night you just.. snapped.." Tamina said, "That's how she explained it."

"Something like that," I nodded slowly, "She had made a deal with a demon to cure me, because the medicine she was paying for was wasting all her money. She wanted to take away my disorder for good, but the demon business was slow back then, not as advanced as it is now, and deals took months, sometimes even years to go through. She made the deal but one night I was just.. out of control. She had locked me in a room because I just wasn't me, she was afraid of me. In the middle of the night, I suffocated her with a pillow after drugging her. She wasn't my first victim, I had some before her, but I was never caught, even as a fifteen year old human, I was smart."